Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 216 USD, Received: 19 USD (9%)
Your donation helps out the DPG servers and helps keep DPG alive. Thank you for your donation!

User Tag List

Thread: T3h Lightning's Ban Appeal from the Call of Duty 4 - Hardcore TDM server

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T3h Lightning's Ban Appeal from the Call of Duty 4 - Hardcore TDM server

Ban Appeal
    What is your in-game name?
    T3h Lightning
    Which DPG server were you banned from?
    Call of Duty 4 - Hardcore TDM
    Who was the Admin that banned you?
    Dren
    Do you know why you were banned?
    Yes
    Explain why you think you were banned or why you would like to be unbanned.
    To whom it may concern,
    I was banned at approximately 4PM PST on 5/12/19 for jumping out of mp_cellblocks and shooting other players from a position they could not shoot back earlier that day. I admit that I was in the wrong and not playing fair by shooting from where I was.
    I believe my actions do not warrant a permanent ban from the server. I have been playing on this server and with the clan in other games for 4 years. During that time, I have conducted myself courteously and followed the rules, even in the face of accusations of cheating from other players and clan members.
    The server rules and play have changed since I first connected. When I first started playing here in 2015, using tac insert to get into otherwise inaccessible locations(such as the rooftops in waw_toujane) was the norm. Now there is a rule against it. I understand things need to evolve. Still, there have been times when I fall into old habits and throw tac inserts where I shouldn't. I have been warned about it by Shadow. We all fall prey to old habits, but I do go to spectator when I make a mistake and I have made a serious effort to change these habits.
    During a conversation a few weeks back with Shadow, it was conveyed to me that tac inserting out of bounds was against the rules. At that time it was noted by Dren that the rules were glitched and not displaying the tac rule. At this time Shadow and I spoke via voicechat to discuss the rules. I specifically asked about mp_cellblocks to make sure I knew what was/wasn't allowed. The way I understood the conversation about the rule was that jumping places was fair as long as I was not using my tac insert to get/stay out of bounds. I admit I made a mistake by killing other players from that particular position, but I do not believe I broke the rules as explained to me by Shadow in regards to what was out of bounds.
    I understand there are repercussions for my unfair gameplay that morning. However, I do not believe a permanent ban is warranted for regular player who has played 600+ times and spent countless hours on the server over the last 4 years. As such I would like to request that my permanent ban be lifted.

Sincerely,
    T3h Lightning

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: T3h Lightning's Ban Appeal from the Call of Duty 4 - Hardcore TDM server

The usage of a Tactical Insertion to go off the map has always been in the rules as a no go. The only reason it was not in the rules a few weeks ago was some issues on Deathstar that forced me to use a backup version of the B3 configs for CoD4. I did not do my proper diligence in verifying the rules in the particular config were accurate, so I start getting complaints about you using a Tac to go into normally inaccessible areas. After going over the rules, I found an archived version of the config added it back into B3 and after a less then civilized discussion I left it alone hoping I was done.

When I said if you can jump to a point its legit, you should have enough sense to 1) not go somewhere out of the map 2) not go somewhere out of the map where you cannot be seen or killed and begin killing 3) not go somewhere out of the map where you cannot be seen or killed and begin killing with a member of the other team (RageTank).

Here is a short discussion that was had over three years ago about the out of bounds question. http://www.thadpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21671
    Since Tactical Insertions were added into the game there was knowledge that it could be used outside of its intended purpose.

While the glitch you used to jump off the map mp_cellblocks was not using a Tactical Insertion yourself and RageTank began to exploit your location. That is cheating pure and simple.

If other members of leadership wish to lift or modify the ban that is at their discretion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: T3h Lightning's Ban Appeal from the Call of Duty 4 - Hardcore TDM server

As stated, I agree we were out of line shooting players from a position of immunity.

What I believe to be excessive is going straight to a permanent ban when our conduct has otherwise been sportsmanlike for years. Yes we made a mistake. We were jumping around while it was just the two of us for the majority of the map timer. When others arrived we should have stopped. We didn't. Mistakes were made and I am sorry for that.

All I can do is ask forgiveness.

Thread Information