Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 216 USD, Received: 130 USD (60%)
Your donation helps out the DPG servers and helps keep DPG alive. Thank you for your donation!

User Tag List

Thread: Corrupt profile error rank reset to 1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Gotchagain

Info Corrupt profile error rank reset to 1

The following happened to many players this past month along with me. Maybe this could be a sticky so people have a resource to go to for the solution.

Since I had no idea what I was in for when this happened to me 2 weeks ago and there is absolutely nothing on the internet supporting this problem, i decided to post about it so if it happens to anyone else they may be able to find this works for them too!

So when I was on Prestige level 6 rank 20ish, I got the dreaded "Profile corrupt, rank reset" error.

I was reset to Rank 1 no prestige. But when I reached the level (7?) where you are able to create class for your loadout, what was in my first 5 slots was what I had selected before I was reset. Like Claymore, Enfield, etc. Stuff you don't get until level 14-20.

So I was happy about that. BUT I could do no more creation of my slots. I was stuck with those poor guns and perks for the whole 50 rank levels.

Once I reached the point of being able to prestige again, I did, and once reaching the level where it opens your slots to create a class, it was back to normal. Pick and choose as you rank up.

So in the end, I lost prestige levels and it took me many more hours to rank the first 50 again with junk guns and perks, but that is it. Oh, and of course the extra slots as you Prestige up are gone until I prestige up again.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: sw50caliber Steam ID: sw50caliber

Re: Corrupt profile error rank reset to 1

Mine reset too Gotchagain. I do believe if you have a copy of the file you can replace it and it may work. When I used to build new PCs sometimes I would get lucky and be able to transfer over my profile with the old leveling system of 50. It worked well. I was even able to model it on LAN computers we had in the basement for when family would come over to level the playing field so everyone could have all the weapons. Once and awhile it would corrupt and I couldn't do it. I would try to see if you have a copy somewhere where you can move into that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: 510Rockit

it happened to me last month for black ops.. lost half of my perks, couldnt upgrade on perks when i reach a certain level.. it was really jacked up.. had to start from scratch. everything is fine now...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    743 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dpgmaximus XFIRE ID: dpgmaximus Steam ID: dpgmaximus

@Gotchagain if you haven't done so already. Please refer to @Berlin's post here: http://www.thadpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22275. It could be useful to you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 76561197991101306

Really interesting...
    I've seen more players recently that are having their level's reset too. I was looking in the console today upon start up of the game for curiosity sake if i could reset my stats by deleting my config and restarting the game. Two things that are maybe something, but maybe not. One was the command line mpdatabk0000 the other "Back up stats are below or equal to current" in the console log.

I know the mpdatabk file would appear if W@W stats were corrupt. Simply renaming it back to mpdata sometimes would save the users stats. However, where this file is in black ops directory I haven't a clue. I suppose tampering with would cause a discrepancy and cause a reset which the other line of text I posted makes sense for. So, retrieving stats is probably best by making sure the client backs up vs Treyarch server? Either way I'm sorry to hear gotcha. Wish I knew more to help

Thread Information