Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 216 USD, Received: 158 USD (73%)
Your donation helps out the DPG servers and helps keep DPG alive. Thank you for your donation!

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berlin Ban

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: eze265

Berlin Ban

What is your in-game name?Berlin
    Which DPG server were you banned from?Call of Duty - Black Ops
    Who was the Admin that banned you?THR Bring
    Do you know why you were banned?"Walling"
    Explain why you think you were banned or why you would like to be unbanned.

I know why I was banned. To Bring, I know you were upset on Cracked because of how you died, twice, in the same location, but if you would have watched theater you would have seen my view. Its all about perspective not to mention peeker's advantage. But instead you called out for Rockit multiple times to do something which introduces some bias here I feel for this present ban on Jungle tonight for wallhacking.

I implore you to watch theater. I also encourage you because most of anyone that plays on this server today frequently, routinely is not a new user to the game or even call of duty. Keep in mind the spawns and how they shift based on player locale in TDM. After a say years in this game it becomes old hat.

Secondly, watch that theater on the highest settings, with higher than default digital vibrance via graphic control panel in addition (if you have Nvidia) with sharpening or "negative lod bias". My LG ultrawide does "Super Resolution plus" which i believe up scales the image and the finer details such as leaves are actually quite descriptive. You'll see better. Be understanding that not every player plays the same. I have my quarks and play a play style that can look suspicious. From this, I am asking with sincerity here that this ban is removed after review by DPG because I enjoy the server being that it is one of the very few running US servers with active user base and admins.

About me:
    My name is currently Berlin, I've played under another since launch however. Played competitive TWL when it was in existence with active users and teams. Placed top of all ladders and league play for 2 seasons before leaving in 2012 for academic reasons. I'm a pediatric nurse today because of this leaving games for studies. But I've always been good at games since UT 99. Not god's gift to humanity good, but a decent competitive player. I'm not new to this game (or gaming) is my point and I've put countless hours into stupid things like peek spots, how spawns work, nade spots etc. for black ops alone.Started playing again this past November with much upgraded hardware: titan x pascal, 6800k, ultrawide monitor-the game is more aesthetically pleasing than ever now that i can max it out. It does give quite an advantage visibility wise. Which is an advantage over other players not to mention playing at ultrawide 21:9 aspect which is like equivalent to 100 fov?

Not attempting to stroke my ego or flex elitism just providing the readers with perspective. I am more than willing to jump on teamspeak to talk or review this game or any game for that matter.
    Add me on steam: eze265

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Berlin; 02-09-2017 at 02:21 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: waazzaa

Re: Berlin Ban

I used to play black ops TWL what was your old alias and teams?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dpgmaximus XFIRE ID: dpgmaximus Steam ID: dpgmaximus

I have reviewed the YouTube video posted by @bring.fr which is not enough. I have messaged him on Steam requesting the theater mode file/demo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bring: hi
    Berlin: you caught me as im going to bed
    Berlin: had to proof read that ban appeal like 10 times my eyes are foggy
    bring: I just saw your message on the server DPG,
    Berlin: as I said hope it was read able. I have a sleeping child tonight so talking isn't the best.
    Berlin: but i can type
    bring: I will post the video, and the admins of the waiters will decide the sanction if it has places or not, for me you are very suspicious, but I can commire a mistake
    bring: I would apologize if your ban is lifted, I reassure you, you are not the only player who is waiting for vision to have been cheating
    bring: I would apologize if your ban is lifted, I reassure you, you are not the only player who is waiting for vision to have been cheating
    Berlin: well the powers that be will decide and I respect that. its their server and would review it the same if it were mine. I play suspicious I know. Its an unfortunate curse that kicks me from game to game because I am banned in my opionion, wrongly to the point there are no servers left to play on my greatest example being cod4. But none the less unless I stream my game player or was able to go to LAN no one is going to believe me in the general public of gaming. SO i apologize.
    bring: On the other hand, as I see that you look like a former player and you know this game well, I do not agree with you that you write totally,
    Berlin: I look like someone you know? Well we can't all agree but whatever you need or I can do you just let me know.
    bring: I understand you, but I think I do my job, maybe not very well in the eyes of players who get punished, but that's the job I'm asked
    bring: I never speak with the players, it is very rare, but as you are registered on the server, I allowed myself to do it to listen and try what you tell me
    Berlin: Oh, that I get. We make decisions on what we know that is no fault to us. And given the secrecy and mystery of how VAC works its hard to be sure so I do not fault you for doing your job. I was an admin of cod4 once, i hate it
    Berlin: For sure. In this regard ya gotta play in that persons shoes.
    bring: I have been for 3 years and it is true that it is not always easy
    bring: I saw you are in the medical
    Berlin: I find that the certain "tweaks" if you will yeah most likely give an advantage, an unfair one. These being digital vibrance, high settings, and somewhat to induce sharperning of the image. let me see if i can find you a comparison
    Berlin: yes I am
    bring: I also work in a hospital for 30 years, and I have been firefighters 23 years, I have to stop after a domestic accident
    bring: I work mostly at night
    Berlin: Fellow nighshifter. much abliged. Nowhere near that many years in hospital, but i respect anyone medical, police, or firefighter because of the unique job challenges and stress we go through. definitely takes a special person
    bring: I would send you the link on the video and you will give me your opinion
    bring: If you want to stay friend on steam well on
    Berlin: for sure I'm trying to find a screenshot here or create one for comparisions
    bring: ok
    Berlin: what is the best method to upload photos..? cant remember my photobuck account
    bring: Me i go through nvidia, i have created an account and i upload the video and images on it
    bring: J send everything from nvidia on youtube
    Berlin: Figured it out. So first photo not correct with vibrance, or sharpen. Second link will be correct. The problem is unless you are standing behind me you may not see the effects because soley the color correction is so strong it may blur out the actual effects that aid in visibility
    Berlin: http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...4.jpg~original
    Berlin: http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...5.jpg~original
    bring: I watch that
    Berlin: this process unfortunately is trouble some to my eyes in this application because sharpening or negative lod bias sharpening induces aliasing which when the scene is in motion causes shimmering or basically when i move the game "glimmers" its annyoing and often causes me headaches but on my ultrawide colors suck so... yea
    bring: Is what you have seen in video when you play ?
    Berlin: You mean when I play the game say play theater do i see this? not really. its more pronoucing in live feed or live play. in theater I dont have control to move the mouse to cause the effect as much its different. i dont know how to explain it
    bring: Waiting to see the video, and you will judge by you even my thought
    Berlin: http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...6.jpg~original first image, second
    Berlin: http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...7.jpg~original
    Berlin: i will watch theater here before bed. I honestly remember the beginning and end kills and thats it.
    bring: You will discover live as you really play
    Berlin: Huh?
    bring: In this picture, how you do to see that a player is at the bottom of the map,
    Berlin: because the player is better shall we say "drawn or described" heres an example
    Berlin: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/8684/
    bring: Me who you followed as a spectator, there was nothing that lets a player appear and that you do it twice in the same place

- - - Updated - - -

Berlin: SweetFx is an app that enhances color profiles and also properly effectively reduces "jaggies" aliasing at like no performance cost unlike ingame anti aliasing. how does the player better appear on my screen than without? because as I said with the example of sweetfx's picture of pre and post effects. the player has more definition, color is more defined. contrast is better. so they dont look like a blob of color that blends in with the rest of the map as well. now I will watch spectator and review the game play as i do not recall who i killed at every location. Besides guessing when spawns would switch and peeking corners I do not have an answer for you right now.
    Berlin: widescreen fixer, sweetfx are not bannable by vac. now i had links to steam posts and reddit discussions on this but I deleted them after some time i dont know when but can find them if you like
    bring: Of the way that you describe it, I understand better, but is what it is to authorize on the server, I can not affirm,
    Berlin: right which under all these circumstances and dicussions its best held over a teamspeak discussion
    bring: No but for me personally it is a form of cheating, because what a program other than steam s incere, therefore not regulation
    bring: C is my opinion, after I am not if the responsible of the server will validated ca

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berlin: SweetFx is an app that enhances color profiles and also properly effectively reduces "jaggies" aliasing at like no performance cost unlike ingame anti aliasing. how does the player better appear on my screen than without? because as I said with the example of sweetfx's picture of pre and post effects. the player has more definition, color is more defined. contrast is better. so they dont look like a blob of color that blends in with the rest of the map as well. now I will watch spectator and review the game play as i do not recall who i killed at every location. Besides guessing when spawns would switch and peeking corners I do not have an answer for you right now.
    Berlin: widescreen fixer, sweetfx are not bannable by vac. now i had links to steam posts and reddit discussions on this but I deleted them after some time i dont know when but can find them if you like
    bring: Of the way that you describe it, I understand better, but is what it is to authorize on the server, I can not affirm,
    Berlin: right which under all these circumstances and dicussions its best held over a teamspeak discussion
    bring: No but for me personally it is a form of cheating, because what a program other than steam s incere, therefore not regulation
    bring: C is my opinion, after I am not if the responsible of the server will validated ca

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berlin: what odd is the game does not show up on theater which is depressing. maybe because the game ended earlier idk.
    bring: it's possible

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

@Dren I know you are more familiar with Sweet FX than most. Could you please intervene here to shed some light on this topic?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Sweetfx can be used to enhance color and add anti-aliasing in the post processing stage of a render. Since it is post process it cannot add any kind of player positioning or such to an already rendered image. I have used it in some games to enhance visual fidelity and anti-alias scenes at a lower processing power requirement then traditional methods.

Yes it is an injector, no it does not constitute a cheat through Punkbuster or VAC since it does not give a player any distinct advantage. There is only one title that gave temp bans for Sweetfx and similar injection based image manipulators and that was Battlefield 3, many players used it to remove the headache inducing over blue affect that DICE felt was artistic.

As per the video posted, way too short to be definitive. But the audio whore in me heard the player to the right. I'm of the opinion that the ban should be lifted unless clear evidence is provided forth with.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: 510rockit

[QUOTE=Dren;209052]Yes Sweetfx can be used to enhance color and add anti-aliasing in the post processing stage of a render. Since it is post process it cannot add any kind of player positioning or such to an already rendered image. I have used it in some games to enhance visual fidelity and anti-alias scenes at a lower processing power requirement then traditional methods.

Yes it is an injector, no it does not constitute a cheat through Punkbuster or VAC since it does not give a player any distinct advantage. There is only one title that gave temp bans for Sweetfx and similar injection based image manipulators and that was Battlefield 3, many players used it to remove the headache inducing over blue affect that DICE felt was artistic.

As per the video posted, way too short to be definitive. But the audio whore in me heard the player to the right. I'm of the opinion that the ban should be lifted unless clear evidence is provided forth with.[/QUOTE

@Dren

will I dominate if I get this app? Will my score be 35 kills and 3 deaths consistently? If so, I'll get it.

Rockit
    Last edited by rockit; 02-10-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If tuned properly colors are more vibrant. That may help you, may not.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: eze265

I was pointed here by Bring and appreciate him updating me as this became on the short list due to life events work etc.

I appreciate the time given on this. And thing I can do just let me know.
    @Whiskey I played for MM| which evolved into the old cod4 team .endgame (.eg//), and then later with DreamTeam (DT). Also played a SnD season with GameOver Quebec. Message me on steam I recognize your name.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

As stated above, there isn't any clear evidence to keep the ban in place. Judgment for the defendant. You are now unbanned @Berlin. Thank you for being patient in regards to your ban appeal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: 510rockit

Quote Originally Posted by Dren View Post
    If tuned properly colors are more vibrant. That may help you, may not.
    I guess i'll just upgrade my computer.. the one i have, i seen it on craigslist for $150.00.. what the hell !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by rockit View Post
    i guess i'll just upgrade my computer.. The one i have, i seen it on craigslist for $150.00.. What the hell !
    lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: waazzaa

In the time of black ops 1, I played for tCC, bni, pi, and kAos, under the names Anthem'/Anarchy/and Whiskey

Thread Information