Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 216 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Your donation helps out the DPG servers and helps keep DPG alive. Thank you for your donation!

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: arbopa Steam ID: arbopa

Re: Battlefield 1

It looks good and all, but I can't help think of all the money I have spent on games that never get played. Is this gonna be another one that get's lots of time and first then people move on to whatever is newer when it comes?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: thamule Steam ID: ThaMule

I just bought it. Guess we will see.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pr0cl1v3ty XFIRE ID: Procl1v1ty Steam ID: Pr0cl1v1ty

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    It looks good and all, but I can't help think of all the money I have spent on games that never get played. Is this gonna be another one that get's lots of time and first then people move on to whatever is newer when it comes?
    If I am completely honest most will probably paly ther game 1-2 years then upgrade to the next version. It's kind of how gamers are now a days. There will be some hardcore ones like hammy or others that shreck the game for more years. But it's still worth it. $40 for 1-2 years of legit gameplay?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThaMule View Post
    I just bought it. Guess we will see.
    YESSSS!!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Well, I went for it. Maybe tomorrow I will get to play, because I have fast internet, but clearly origin doesn't. has been running over an hour, 7% downloaded... over 11 left at these slow speeds. On steam I can download this much in less than 30 minutes. Ugh. Not a good start.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pr0cl1v3ty XFIRE ID: Procl1v1ty Steam ID: Pr0cl1v1ty

Well, I went for it. Maybe tomorrow I will get to play, because I have fast internet, but clearly origin doesn't. has been running over an hour, 7% downloaded... over 11 left at these slow speeds. On steam I can download this much in less than 30 minutes. Ugh. Not a good start.
    Possible that their servers are hit hard from the large black friday sale?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

could be. it sped up eventually. just fiddling with updating geforce drivers now... previously i couldn't get the silly geforce experience software to come up and do it automatically.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: pacotito Steam ID: pacotito

@Arbo @ThaMule add me on origin. I need some squad mates that actually give and follow orders. I got around 3000xp on one squad with around 15 kills. The next game I switched squads and took over as squad leader and got 12000xp with only 2 kills.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

sent friend request.

not sure what to think so far. yeah, graphics are stellar. but it quickly turns into the "look, everyone can one shot me and i empty a mag in them with red hit indicators and they do not die"...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    747 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dpgmaximus XFIRE ID: dpgmaximus Steam ID: dpgmaximus

The trend is that people play a new game for a year or so until the next one comes out unfortunately, like what @Pr0cl1v1ty mentioned. For me however, I see myself sticking to this game for a long while. I love the idea that it is WWI and have been wanting this type of game since BF1918 came out for BF2.

I do agree we own wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many games on both Steam and Origin, but my plan is to buy at the very least a new video card for this game. That alone should say something for how impressed I am with this game.

As far as the vast majority of DPG and friends of ours in our community, its Battlefield... and with that said, not everyone is going to like it. I have always loved Battlefield games and own every one that ever came out to the exception of Hardline (although that may soon change since I see its on sale on Origin).

I totally see Battlefield making another World War 2 BF game in the near future as well. If that ends up being the next BF title, I will most likely get that as well.

Last, I want to get us a server, but until there is a way in which people can easily connect to our server, there is no point of getting us one yet. I do like the idea that we can set the damage modifiers like how we do with our CoD4 server similar to how @Dren does it currently, but on a ranked server! That right there is pretty bad ass and I think we can all agree that what we would like to have is all the features of the standard mode, but with the hardcore settings of not having to put a whole clip into somebody to kill them. I would love the feature of being able to spot people by pressing Q as normal, but think it would be better if we could turn off the mini map showing in the top left of our screen. This way the only spotting that can be seen is on your own screen instead. Being stuck in first person mode on hardcore servers for vehicles is quite annoying imo. This mode should be referred to as "realism mode" not hardcore mode. This all can be done to my understanding by renting a server, but again, until they get some things fixed, I think we should wait on that imho...
    Last edited by Max][mu$; 11-24-2016 at 01:35 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tempted but really should wait. Even with the sale going cant justify the expenditure.

So Titanfall 2 will have to hold me over for the time being.

Have played every Battlefield game since 1942, when Bad Company 2 was released it seems that DICE went more style over actual substance which in turn alienated allot of the player base from 1942 / 2 / 2142.
    Last edited by Dren; 11-24-2016 at 06:32 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

played last night. certainly there are things it will take a bit to get used to. what I don't like is what seems like a massive amountof those that camp and snipe. ugh.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    747 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dpgmaximus XFIRE ID: dpgmaximus Steam ID: dpgmaximus

I love it when people snipe. I just bomb the **** out of them with my biplane with @Studdmuffin riding as my tail-gunner. LOL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

never been in a plane.. yet.

I had to rage quit just a bit ago. Constantly spawning into a tank blast. Snipers all over that seem to be able to do 30+ kills without once getting killed. Seems a bit much.
    Last edited by Arbo; 11-24-2016 at 09:33 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Perhaps I have just had nothing but bad experiences... nobody plays as a squad, there is no teamwork at all, no communication. Maybe one day will find a server that is not utter chaos.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: sharpysharp111 XFIRE ID: sharpysharp Steam ID: sharpysharp111

I am loving this game, and also see myself sticking to it for quite a while. I played a lot of BF2 back in the day, but no other battlefield game has really gripped me....until this one.

I will say Arbo, it definitely takes a little while to get used to how to play and survive consistently, but it will happen eventually. You begin to learn how all of the classes, etc, on the other team are playing, and become able to adapt to it. The map being played on also makes a huge difference, as the mountain and desert maps see far more snipers, while city maps tend to lean towards assault. It is all about being able to adapt. There will always be players on the other team that counter your class/playstyle, and there will always be players that YOU counter.

People can feel free to add me on Origin if they want to play sometime, just add Sharpysharp

Thread Information