Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 216 USD, Received: 177 USD (82%)
Your donation helps out the DPG servers and helps keep DPG alive. Thank you for your donation!

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Empty Server

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: 510rockit

Re: Empty Server

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
    To throw in my $0.02 on the timer side for camping: don't do it. Usually, only the players who get shot by campers complain. IMHO camping adds another dimension into the game, i.e. find out, where they are hiding, develop a group strategy how to overcome them etc. If a timer should be implemented, might as well get rid of the sniper rifles.

HC
    good point happy. i just dont understand when someone runs down an alley and gets sniped 5 times,and they get pissed off. isnt it time to use a different direction? i like camping myself,, i find it a perfect time to have a healthy snack like an apple, orange or an Hot Pocket.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ddladyinred

Rockit- i like camping myself,, i find it a perfect time to have a healthy snack like an apple, orange or an Hot Pocket.Too funny Rockit. ROFL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ddladyinred

Max.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally just cant see sitting map after map. Might have something to do with a few years of Unreal Tournament in the early 2000s.

As I stated though, putting the timer in TDM would not be a good idea, even though this is an arcade styled game that generally relies on reaction time and the ability to be quick and accurate.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being that I ran 4 cod4 servers in my last clan, all of which were "no camping" hardcore servers, people appreciated it more. It's hard to find a good quality hardcore server that isn't full of campers. I've wanted to camping for years, but it never was heard as a serious request before. So I let it go.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dpgmaximus XFIRE ID: dpgmaximus Steam ID: dpgmaximus

Guys and gals, don't worry, we aren't adding the timer to TDM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a curious question.
    Is the reason for a lack of players the map/game type rotation or because so many changes have been made the game is no longer tactical but counter intuitive for those who enjoy a fast paced shooter? Couple that with the several VERY questionable players that receive repeated complaints but we allow to continue playing here. In business, this would be a company killer, and now we are seeing just that.
    I don't play TDM anymore because of the pace, the excessive campers and of course the afore mentioned people that should not be let back in. I have stated this to upper management before and I'll say it again. Sometimes, you just have to tell some players they are not welcome anymore, thanks and good luck. NO, we are not calling you a cheater. We are saying that something doesn't feel right and after long careful observation we have made this decision for the betterment of the server, sorry. No appeal, no passionate PMS, just goodbye and goodluck. When good players see that we have taken a stand to improve the gameplay they will comeback. They always do.
    Warblade

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Warblade View Post
    Just a curious question.
    Is the reason for a lack of players the map/game type rotation or because so many changes have been made the game is no longer tactical but counter intuitive for those who enjoy a fast paced shooter? Couple that with the several VERY questionable players that receive repeated complaints but we allow to continue playing here. In business, this would be a company killer, and now we are seeing just that.
    In all fairness,honesty, and respect, nobody here has a 100% reason or explanation as to why there is less traffic on the server. In reality we all have our theories.
    @Daisy Duke (DD) has her theory that its because people don't like multiple gametypes and only like TDM. Okay fair enough, but that is just a theory.

Some people like yourself say its because of one or 2 players who ruin it for everyone. While I see your point, that too is just a theory.

The other theory of mine which again is just a theory and that is the game literally came out in November of 2007 and people are just tired of playing CoD4 and want to play other games. This goes for many people in DPG like @remedy, @sneakyPete, @Bojangles, @Hottie, @Special K, etc; etc.

At the end of the day, nobody truly knows and these are all just theories. Yes, we could let the above people know they are no longer welcome, but in reality that is just a nice way of saying "Hey we know you hack, we won't say it, this is a new way of saying that. We now ban people without blatant evidence and give into mob mentality".

Last, as I stated before. I am not giving in on that policy. It may be an unpopular one, but sometimes I have to do what I feel is right and not necessarily the popular thing to do. My apologies if that pisses some people off for w/e reason.

Last edited by Max][mu$; 03-07-2016 at 01:34 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: arbopa Steam ID: arbopa

Quote Originally Posted by Max][mu$ View Post
    I haven't forgotten about this. It just sucks not having much time to do anything since my life outside of gaming takes up all my time.
    Life? WTF is that?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Life? WTF is that?
    lol exactly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MWPzGrimReaper PSN ID: OdensRosaOllon XFIRE ID: JaniHuhta Steam ID: Jampsor

Just give them sometime they might take a break from cod 4 i always do that when i played it to much and come back when i played other games for a few days

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been playing other servers because the times I'm on, our server is completely empty

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it not possible to have spawn protection? Have 5 secs of spawn protection, if you shoot, change weapons, anything other than move, it turns off? It solves the people with camping issues. Being spawn camped for half the map ruins the whole fun of the game imo.
    I dont see how one or 2 players can ruin the server when they probably will only play the game for less than 2 hours in a day. Its most likely because of all the newer games out. CODUO died out too and it was more fun than this game but it just got old. This server is basically the only populated server on COD4 now that is good.

Chidori

Thread Information