Since we need them now apparently, here are all of the rules for the CoD4 ProMod Summer League 2013:
- Matches will be scheduled by the two Captains of the match.
- Matches will be scheduled only on the following days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday.
- The official scheduling medium is Private Messages on our forums, however TeamSpeak, Xfire and cell phones can be used at the Captain's discretion.
- Teams have 15 minutes until after the scheduled time to get all 5 of their players in the server and Ready'd up. Anything past that will be considered a no-show on their part.
- Each team has 4 Home games, where they have side selection.
- Each team has 4 Away games, where they do not have side selection.
- Each team is required to field a minimum of 5 players.
- If a player has internet or PC trouble and loses connection during a half, they can be replaced by a player on their roster in the middle of a half. If this happens during the first half, and that player has not returned within 5 minutes after the first half has ended, AND there are no team substitutes available, then the Captain of that player may look for a substitute for the second half.
- Teams may agree to play with 6 players each, however this can only be done between the two Captains and just prior to the start of the match.
- Matches are to be played until either a team reaches 13 rounds won, or there is a 12-12 tie
- A Win earns 3 points, a Loss earns 1 point and a Tie earns 2 points.
- All matches must be played in the precense of Bojangles, or a designated representative. Currently the designated representatives are Kahne and Studdmuffin.
- Dead specs (being dead, but being on your team so you cannot see the other team) are not allowed.
- Spectators from teams not participating in the current match are not allowed to spectate in the server unless they are a representative of Bojangles.
- If a team has all 6 players on their team show up, they are required to play all 6 of their players. This means that one player who starts the match will be subbed out at halftime for the player who did not play in the first half. The choice of the player is up to the Captain of that team.
- Screenshots will be taken by Bojangles or his representative at halftime and at the end of the match.
- The results along with the screenshots will be posted in a thread on the Match Results forum. Any comments about the results of the match can be directed there.
- The match results will then be updated on the League page, to show what the current standings are.
- If a team does not have all 5 players on their team show up for a scheduled match, they will be given their first no-show of the week. If this is their first no-show that week, then the Captains must reschedule the match.
- If a team does not have all 5 players on their team show up for a scheduled match and it is their second no-show that week, then they will have the opportunity to find a substitute player.
- A substitute player may be found from the pool of players who fit the following criteria:
- They are not currently on a team in the league
- They are on Teamspeak, available to play
- They have not already played in a match that week
- The substitute player must be of equal skill to the player who was supposed to show up and is a no-show.
- The Captain of the team with 5 players must approve the substitution selection made by the Captain of the team with 4 players.
- If the two Captains cannot agree on the substitute player, Bojangles or one of his representatives will make the selection instead.
- If there are no available substitutes for the match, or if the Captain needing players needs more than 1 substitute, and it is their second no-show of the week, then that Captain will forfeit the match, 13-0, to the opposing team.
- If during the first half of the match, after a substitute is playing, a rostered player shows up for the Captain needing a player, then the substitute must be replaced at half-time for the rostered player who showed up.
- All matches will be played on the ProMod #2 servers.
- All voice communication for the matches will take place in the appropriate channels on the DPG TeamSpeak server.
- Private strat servers will be provided for teams so they can practice prior to their weekly match. Please see Bojangles for more information.
- The Playoffs will start the week following the last regular season week of the League.
- The top 4 teams will move on to the playoffs. The teams will be decided by the highest amount of League XP earned (3 for Win, 1 for Loss, 2 for Tie).
- In the event of a League XP tie:
- The first tiebreaker will be head-to-head matches
- The second tiebreaker will be total rounds won
- The first round of the playoffs will have the #1 Seeded team play the #4 Seeded team and the #2 Seeded team play the #3 Seeded team. This will be a single map, with the same rules as the regular season.
- The Finals of the playoffs will feature the winning teams from the first round. It will take place during the week following the first round. This will be a best 2 out of 3 maps. Each team will choose a map, with the higher seed playing their map 2nd, the lower seed playing their map 1st. If there is a split, the teams will play a 3rd map, which will be decided via a forum vote.
- Bojangles will attempt to shoutcast all of the matches he attends.
- The shoutcasts will be broadcast on TwitchTV.
- The shoutcasts will have a 1 round (2 minute) delay, to prevent screen peaking, among other things.
- Any problems with other players, scheduling conflicts, cheating allegations, rude behavior or anything you feel needs to be addressed needs to be sent to Bojangles to handle. If you wish, you may discuss the problem with your Captain first, and they can report it to Bojangles instead.
- Anyone acting like an *******, douchebag or all around scumbag will be removed from the league immediately.
Tags for League Teams
- League teams must create their own team tags that have to be worn during League matches.
- DPG members must change their tags to the normal DPG tags after completion of the league match.
- The correct DPG tags are |DPG|, not thadpg* or dpg*.