Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 216 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Your donation helps out the DPG servers and helps keep DPG alive. Thank you for your donation!

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop DLC?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: ezenvd Steam ID: 76561197991101306

Request Stop DLC?

We go from a full Black Ops server during the day time hours (US) to a server with 6 people or less on average when the server rotates to DLC maps especially the last DLC i.e map Silo. It Really kills the game momentum. Just check gametracker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dpgmaximus XFIRE ID: dpgmaximus Steam ID: dpgmaximus

Re: Stop DLC?

A few hours after you posted this, I noticed the server was empty. Then when I came on not too long ago, I saw it was empty again. Yes, it did get traffic, but unfortunately I do agree that we will have to go back to the way it was. We were hoping that when the server was full, a DLC map would kick in and then if only half the server had DLC, then we would be okay with that. Yes, last weekend was great for traffic and at times we saw the server almost full with DLC players, but now that it is the weekdays, its just not the same crowd.

I realize that a few of us wanted to simply have some new flavor on the BO1 server and heck, it even brought me back for a bit, but we can't just let the server be empty like this. Worked too hard to get it to where it was.

With that said, I have reverted it back to regular/non DLC maps. Instead what we will do is change the server to allow DLC only once in a while, but manually. So only for maybe a few maps. This of course will have to be done via rcon and with a trusted DPG admin (sorry non DPG admins, but can't let you have too much access). This way, for those who want to play DLC maps, can still do so without completely compromising the server's traffic.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Max][mu$ View Post
    A few hours after you posted this, I noticed the server was empty. Then when I came on not too long ago, I saw it was empty again. Yes, it did get traffic, but unfortunately I do agree that we will have to go back to the way it was. We were hoping that when the server was full, a DLC map would kick in and then if only half the server had DLC, then we would be okay with that. Yes, last weekend was great for traffic and at times we saw the server almost full with DLC players, but now that it is the weekdays, its just not the same crowd.

I realize that a few of us wanted to simply have some new flavor on the BO1 server and heck, it even brought me back for a bit, but we can't just let the server be empty like this. Worked too hard to get it to where it was.

With that said, I have reverted it back to regular/non DLC maps. Instead what we will do is change the server to allow DLC only once in a while, but manually. So only for maybe a few maps. This of course will have to be done via rcon and with a trusted DPG admin (sorry non DPG admins, but can't let you have too much access). This way, for those who want to play DLC maps, can still do so without completely compromising the server's traffic.

Thank you!

I think a few of us a long time players don't mind DLC once in a while. Its maps like Hotel that are half populated that really make it boring. Its sad because that is one hell of a map. I could see it being very interesting in a game like cod4 with 12v12 or 18v18 as it reminds me of 24/7 Broadcast servers. It isn't as fun when its not populated like this. A DLC weekend is a good break now and again. Its just sad that unlike previous games you have to buy the maps.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: 510Rockit

we can have a "saturday DLC maps" or dlc maps from 0900 to 1500 on saturday. just throwing out some ideas.. thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

I like the all day Saturday idea...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Gotchagain

I think we didn't give it enough time, I know a few regulars just bought the dlc maps so they could play them on our server. Yes the traffic slowed, but for one week? I think if people knew they could buy the maps quite cheaply they would do so. I am now seeing the chat going "where are the dlc maps?".
    I say run at least 2 evening per week to get the value out of the purchase for people and give it a chance.
    My 2 cents.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 01855

I think like Gotchagain.
    Because I've just bought the maps so I can play with and now it would theoretically have been in vain

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: adapolski

I didn't even know the dlc maps were occurring on the server :O Frankly I'd love to play them and I think having them take place on Saturdays may be a good idea given that this is by far my favorite server and the one I go to the most. Maybe when they're included on the server it can be notified in the title when people join from the server browser?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

A few of you have messaged me that you would like DLC to be on Saturday's only as well as those who have posted here. I have gone ahead and done that. If it works out, we can push it out maybe 1 more day or make it so its weekends only, but for now it will be Saturday's only. This has gone into effect.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

I guess its not hardcore anymore with the dlc maps? can it be changed to hardcore?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

can we make the saturday dlc day a mixture of original and dlc like it was started on March 1? I say this as if we just exclusively run dlc on saturday, it will not entice everyone to buy the maps and piss off those that don't have them. There are many that have bought and are saving to buy the map packs. I think if we run the mixture on random, more and more people will buy in. Then one day we can do regular 24/7 ALL maps again! What does the community think? Another 2 cents from me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

I see that it is that way today, sorry for previous post...... However it is not hardcore anymore. Can someone please change it to hardcore again? Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: adapolski

I agree, I think just keep the server settings the exact same, just add DLC maps into the regular ones on Saturday.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    749 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by rockit View Post
    I guess its not hardcore anymore with the dlc maps? can it be changed to hardcore?
    No, but I did log in with another rcon program. I am thinking that it possibly turned off the hardcore mode for some stupid reason. None the less, I have logged in with the original rcon tool made by Treyarch and have set it to have hardcore back on. Sorry about that...

Also, the server is set to randomize maps from regular to DLC. It is also possible that the server could randomly play back to back DLC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Thanks max! Maybe someone can put it in game log stating “ all day Saturday’s will play DLC maps and original maps” give folks a heads up during the week. Just throwing ideas out there.

Thread Information