Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 216 USD, Received: 19 USD (9%)
Your donation helps out the DPG servers and helps keep DPG alive. Thank you for your donation!

User Tag List

Thread: turkeyturkey's Ban Appeal from the Call of Duty: World at War - CTF server

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

turkeyturkey's Ban Appeal from the Call of Duty: World at War - CTF server

Ban Appeal
    What is your in-game name?
    samysquanch
    Which DPG server were you banned from?
    Call of Duty: World at War - CTF
    Who was the Admin that banned you?
    Unknown. I wasn't given any warnings.
    Do you know why you were banned?
    No
    Explain why you think you were banned or why you would like to be unbanned.
    I honestly have no clue. I was playing ctf. I captured our teams' 1st cap. Covered the base for second. After that we secured the base against a player or two. I went down the floors to the other flag. I threw gas and died assaulting the flag. I think I spawned up top after that. I planted a few bettys. In the process I noticed artichoke take out a teammate via the list of kills. I went between floors and heard a noise. I aimed to the doorway in which an enemy would appear if coming from below, believing it to be the only way an enemy could possibly approach me since the other side was bettied. I then got kicked. I can't recall, I guess it was a second or two after I zoomed in on the door. I kept trying to log back in but kept getting kicked. I'm not even sure I'm banned or if someone just keeps kicking me. There is no ban note like any past times. I just want to play this game. I don't cheat, I don't troll, I don't talk about politics. I don't just aimlessly spawn kill. It takes a lot of work among a team to get a cap. I limit my communication as I've been told it was excessive in the past. I am nice to everyone. I try to encourage new players. I don't get why I have so much trouble there. There are quite a few players that are better than me and no one bats an eye. I don't even think i got more than a 3 streak before I got kicked? Maybe a 4. I am almost sure my mini map has been disabled by the mods since when I log in with a computer my friend uses the mini map works fine. I have never complained because WAW is one of the best games ever. I have played COD since it came out, if they think I cheat whatever, but I"m proud of the competency I've achieved in this game. ~9 years of playing the game almost what 20 of COD. I think it shows I am pretty good at something if I put effort into it. I show respect to others. Perhaps I'm ruthless if I"m guilty of anything, but I don't feel like I should be banned. I try to give new comers or weaker competitors a chance. I love doing shottie maps to change it up and keep new comers interested even if they're not the greatest. But i'm not going to ease up to the point of another team getting the advantage. I try to be nice and fair but it's a ruthless game in the end with a ruthless spawn system. I just got stabbed in the back the other night because someone just spawned behind me. I didn't complain. If i ease up on someone when they spawn, they're most likely going to get me. I try to be decent in COD but not weak. I just want to keep playing this game because I'm playing the same game with the same controls as everyone else. It's fun and I enjoy it and I shouldn't be penalized for being good at it. There are a lot of other good players on there and I don't get why I'm being singled out. Thank you for your time. Sorry for the rant, but I just try to show respect and appreciate it in return.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dpgmaximus XFIRE ID: dpgmaximus Steam ID: dpgmaximus

Re: turkeyturkey's Ban Appeal from the Call of Duty: World at War - CTF server

TurkeyTurkey aka SamySquanch. I know its been a few a couple of days already, but please continue to be patient with the ban appeal process even though your ban should be up by now.

Type Added Duration Expires Reason Admin
    TempBan Thu, 01/31/19 (8:31 PM) 2 days Sat, 02/02/19 (8:31 PM) keybind [DPG]RedWizzard

@RedWizzard, please chime in and elaborate on this "keybind" that you are referring to.

Also, I would like to apologize for not chiming in earlier on the other thread that you were banned for Samy regarding hacking. I did review the demos and there is nothing that would warrant an actual ban. Admins need to only ban for blatant hacking. If they think somebody is hacking and they are unsure of it, they need to take a demo and post it for review. When reviewing your demos that were posted, you can clearly hear you going across. Many times I thought 'If that was me, I would have shot there too.' Reason being? I can hear the person running by or making noise. All I can think of regarding the reason why you were banned was because in @Hawken's demo, he is on speakers instead of headphones in which with speakers, its a lot harder to here footsteps. Where on the other hand with headphones, you can clearly hear the person going by.

Regardless of the above, all admins and moderators need to always take a demo, post it and then if they temp ban or perma ban anyone, they need to post the proper rule behind it. An example would be:

!tb noobcake 3d rule11

This would then activate the actual reason and the rule and give us a story behind the ban. If for any reason admins or moderators on the CoD5 HC CTF server are kicking or banning for no reason at all using rcon instead of B3, a thorough investigation will be looked into and if needed, the rcon password for that particular server and rcon access will be taken away from all those who have access.
    @Hawken or anyone else who is active on TS in the CoD5 channel, please inform RedWizzard to take a look at this thread when you see him online next time. Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chime in
    On Thur I was watching the player samysquanch and notice play that could only happen if you are using a key bind.
    At the time I issues a 2 day ban for using a key bind to the player with ID of samysquanch.

Post the proper rule behind it
    I used the command below so that the player would know for how long and why they were ban-ed.
    !tempban noobcake 2d keybind
    Player samysquanch did come back as spectator a few minutes later and I took that opportune to again reiterate to the play what they were ban-ed and for how long. I use the general speak command ('t') to issue this information.

I did not feel the need earlier to comment on this post as it was a 2 day ban.

RedWizzard

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thank you for explaining. For the record I don't use any cheats in the game. If you want I can show you a video of how fast I can click a mouse. Anyways, I didn't recall any warning but I could have missed it. Cheery'0. Good hearing from you Max. Hope your doing well and thanks for saying something. No worries about the other post. I am sure you're busy.

Thread Information