Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 216 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Your donation helps out the DPG servers and helps keep DPG alive. Thank you for your donation!

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: arbopa Steam ID: arbopa

Windows 10....

So who is (or is going to) be running it to fill us all in on if we should just stick with 7?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    750 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dpgmaximus XFIRE ID: dpgmaximus Steam ID: dpgmaximus

Re: Windows 10....

I would like to know as well. Last thing I want to do is install a new OS that will have PB issues like Windows 8 did upon release. Let's not forget how bad Vista was upon release as well...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: bones4war Steam ID: bones4war

I anxiously await a review. I'd like to upgrade but don't want everything game wise go to crap.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: gefecht Steam ID: gefecht

I am running it as well as remedy, no problems so far. will check cod4 as soon as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by vash
    Well, I like to take long walks around the helicopter on crash or managing my 3 story restaurant. Occasionally i like to plant a bomb with the code 232323. I have a keen eye for fine art such as statues, paintings, and murals. I like throwing these little explosive balls at people over buildings, or through windows, just about anywhere my little balls will fit. On the weekends I am a certified gynecologist. Also i just love people who run around aimlessly ready and waiting to get put to sleep with my tranquilizer gun and take them to my favorite vacation destination; motel 6. I like to clean up the market every once and a while near picadilly circus because there is just too much clutter floating around in a place that sells food. Occasionally I will take a walk down oxford street and head over to the local laundry mat to wash some clothes, and if i have my running shoes on ill go across the street and grab a nice warm soda.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: pacotito Steam ID: pacotito

No problems here. I did have to update my video card driver. The only games Ive tried are CoD5 and GTA 5. Most likely due to the driver but I seem to have gained about 10% on my framerate. Voice activation with cortana worked well. One minor issue is that EVGA precision wont load at startup.
    CoD 4 gave a PB error when connecting. A reinstall of PB seemed to fix the problem.
    Last edited by pacotito; 07-31-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Trying to reinstall pb now. Have to remember how to do it.

Reinstalled, everything is fine. Was on both SD and TDM without a problem
    @Max][mu$ @Arbo @Bones4War
    Last edited by Gefecht; 07-31-2015 at 08:33 PM.
    Well, I like to take long walks around the helicopter on crash or managing my 3 story restaurant. Occasionally i like to plant a bomb with the code 232323. I have a keen eye for fine art such as statues, paintings, and murals. I like throwing these little explosive balls at people over buildings, or through windows, just about anywhere my little balls will fit. On the weekends I am a certified gynecologist. Also i just love people who run around aimlessly ready and waiting to get put to sleep with my tranquilizer gun and take them to my favorite vacation destination; motel 6. I like to clean up the market every once and a while near picadilly circus because there is just too much clutter floating around in a place that sells food. Occasionally I will take a walk down oxford street and head over to the local laundry mat to wash some clothes, and if i have my running shoes on ill go across the street and grab a nice warm soda.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Did MS 'hide' more stuff from the user? Or do you have all the tools to do whatever needed? I fear they will 'mac' it like they tried to do with win8 ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Everything I need is there. If you right click the start menu you get the system menu. Was there something in particular you were asking about? @Arbo
    Screenshot (2).png
    Fun with cortana ha ha ha. Guess we're not there quite yet. If you have kids make sure you have safe search on or she will point you in the right direction for adult content.
    Screenshot (3).png
    Last edited by pacotito; 07-31-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: bones4war Steam ID: bones4war

Awesome. Maybe I'll have to go ahead with it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gaming wise I havent had any unfixable errors. Going all the way back to the first Splinter Cell and Wolf:ET everything worked.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, cortana is fun. Having her sing is a blast.

Quake 2 Commander
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: killerhrtz

For those of you that have Windows 8 and can't stand it, this may be one great update for you. If you are using windows 7, I wouldn't dare upgrade to it for a while. I have been running the insider preview for a long while. If you want to try it out, Microsoft has a trial version of Windows 10 Enterprise you can test out as a separate install.

Here are a few things I will point out.
    Advantages of Windows 10 for gaming is that the Directx 12 is supposed to be up to %50 faster in existing games using newer graphics cards. I can't remember the models but you can look it up or if I can find that link again, I will post it. Windows 10 loads up real fast even on old computers with hard drives.

Now for the disadvantages..
    1. It will auto update the os. This could be real bad if MS oooops an update and screwed up millions of PCs! Enterprise versions can set updates as they wish.
    2. It will by default use your pc to distribute updates across your network and out to the internet. You can disable it in though. I will have to look it up and post about it in a little while. Just imagine, If you were using a device tethered to your pc that has a bandwidth cap, oh lets says 2 gigs and the isp charges you for each gig you use past that, this one feature might just cost you $$$. I guess MS decided Hey we can save our selves some money on our bandwidth costs by letting the customers serve updates.
    3. For those of you that love Solitaire... um, you will have to pay to use it! lol
    4. There may be some compatibility issues with some games from what I have heard. Not sure which ones.

I can't think of other problems I have had off the top of my head, but I will post here if I do. I will also provide links sometime today or tomorrow referring to the advantages and disadvantages I mentioned.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

They changed the autoupdate for the OS. You can disable this now.

I have yet to see any compatibility issues.

I ran the insider preview for a while as well. The final version is fairly stable and low bugs. With exception of that major nvidia issue. Which is what prompted the autoupdate change.

So far for me, coming from 7, I am happy and the pros outweigh the cons. Running dx12 and cannot wait to see the difference for myself. But like all OS's, it will come down to personal preference.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

@Gefecht so if you have an nvidia card, don't bother until they get it all worked out with the drivers?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    @Gefecht so if you have an nvidia card, don't bother until they get it all worked out with the drivers?

It was fixed day one. I run nvidia myself. It had to do with windows overwriting the nvidia drivers with their own and causing crashes.

Thread Information