Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 216 USD, Received: 177 USD (82%)
Your donation helps out the DPG servers and helps keep DPG alive. Thank you for your donation!

User Tag List

Thread: Bring Back Stock COD4

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ddladyinred

Bring Back Stock COD4

Please Bring back the COD4 Stock map server! It has the broadcast map! I love that map! Maybe name the server something new like "DPG 24 hr War or whatever! To attract new players. Then just let people play! See how it goes. Maybe even back off so many strict rules like bad language.Keep rules to the minimum.It runs players off.It's mostly adults who play now anyways!We don't need to stress the little stuff bust the major stuff. I'm only mentioning the rules after hearing from a few regular players who have left and gone to play in stock map servers that still are so full you have to wait to get in! They said too many pushy rules "It's a game-just let people play it! Yes okay, I know it's an old game Daisy! lol....But people still like it. Just one more thing. I forgot to ask to see if you could add speed. Thanks
    Last edited by Daisy Duke (DD); 12-10-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dpgmaximus XFIRE ID: dpgmaximus Steam ID: dpgmaximus

Re: Bring Back Stock COD4

We can do a separate server with PB off which could very well get a good amount of traffic and B3 running with auto warnings for nade launchers and martyrdom. That alone means less rules, but to completely do away with rules in general would be going against the core of who we are, which we are not going to do for ANYONE.

In regards to changing our current server to Stock. Not going to happen. Too much time and money was invested into that and while that server isn't getting the traffic that it use to have, it still gets more traffic than other servers that we have for other games such as CoD5.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ddladyinred

Sorry max, A grown man was rushing me to go.lol..Okay, I'm not asking you to change the Mod,We love it! I meant a separate Stock maps and perks server all just like you said about pb and B3 ect that's all.Except I would like you to make it fast xp (add speed) not super fast and also add it where we can walk through other players who are spawning in front of us,there is no blocking with that.I have seen it where both teams can call in heli's at the same time.Also I'm not crazy about having to hit the f key every time you die but some people like to see how they died,so if you wanna leave that okay I'm happy,just want to play broadcast in a full and crazy Dpg server again thats all.lol.What a blast we had back in the day it was wild.lol..well I know you guys will make it awesome "I cant wait
    Last edited by Daisy Duke (DD); 12-11-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: prodigy18

Non - PB server ....... I can see the next thread about hackers running rampant in the server so no QQ threads about that even with the limited protection PB does supply

it still provides the MBL

Quote Originally Posted by BrilliantDude49 View Post
    I don't know if the guys over at Nexon know about this game called World of Warcraft, but it's a game where lots of people exist in a single world instead of everyone living in their own world.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66.225.232.198:28960

Stock Maps

Tube and Marty picked up by B3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, last time I was in a gaming community that didn't have servers as specific as daisy is asking for, I just put my own server online. Good dang, seriously, your not even suggesting anymore. Just demanding things be what you want. There's stock servers out there. We're OK with members playing on other servers too if you need a break.

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dpgmaximus XFIRE ID: dpgmaximus Steam ID: dpgmaximus

I mean no disrespect, but what is the point of having fast XP when in fact everything is unlocked? Is it because you want to get to the next rank icon quicker? As noted in another thread (NW4MP stickied thread), everything is unlocked, and you simply rank up the more you play. Your rank just shows how much you play is all it really is.

As far as adding another mod to go through players so you don't have to press F to move them out of the way, that would require more modding on @Arbo's behalf and even if he wanted to do that (which I know he doesn't), its not that big of a deal...

Last, having 2 helicopters called in at once. That again would require more time and effort in modding the current mod and we wouldn't do that anyhow because that would mean that we would most likely get an old bug called "script run-error" which crashes the server when too many things are going on at once.

In regards to a second server and making it stock maps, but with our mod, we can do that, but what is the point of having a person download the mod and then say "Here is your reward for downloading our mod. Because you chose to do so, you no longer have to download anything else. Enjoy stock maps. Come again." It doesn't work that way. Well... I mean it could, but what would be the point?

Personally, I think the way to go, would to get a really popular stock CoD4 HC TDM server once again. Have it run stock maps and no mods, but with auto warnings for nade launchers and martyrdom because those things are allowed on way too many stock servers. Believe it or not @Daisy Duke (DD), our current HC TDM server was a very popular CoD4 HC TDM stock/no mods server from August of 2009 - September of 2011, in which we in late September of 2011, started the process of the basic parts of our mod which was to allow for custom maps, a few more weapons, and to make the game as close to the stock feel as possible. The results were AMAZING! We ended up averaging 25 out of 50 players and had one of the most popular servers in CoD4 for the next 3 years. Once 2015 hit, a lot of other games came out and well... the traffic of CoD4 took a real hit. Hell the game just turned 9 years old last month!!! Almost a decade old!!!

I love MOHAA still, vCoD, and CoD2, but even I had to accept the reality that those games and their community servers were going to eventually either die or dramatically lose traffic over the years in which they did.

Now I realize that you and others love CoD4 and we will do what we can to try to keep that going as much as we can, but please keep in mind that at the end of the day there is only so much you can do with such an old game that has been around almost a decade.

Thanks Daisy and everyone else who took the time to read all that. lol

Thread Information