Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 216 USD, Received: 158 USD (73%)
Your donation helps out the DPG servers and helps keep DPG alive. Thank you for your donation!

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DPG Expands Into Insurgency

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dpgmaximus XFIRE ID: dpgmaximus Steam ID: dpgmaximus

News DPG Expands Into Insurgency

As many of you know, DPG hasn't had an official main game for quite some time. Yes, we should be thankful that we have 6 popular servers such as the CoD4 HC TDM, CoD4 Zombies, CoD5 HC CTF, MW2 HC TDM (Repz version), BlackOps HC TDM server, and our new Insurgency server.

However, the problem is even though we have a few people playing each of these games, as a clan we haven't had a newer style of game that most of us could agree on.

A few years ago, I thought that game was going to be CS:GO. The excitement lasted 2 weeks if that and everyone for the most part gave up on the project. Some contributing factors were that we didn't have a popular server and a lot of members (not all) didn't like the idea that you couldn't zoom in with your weapon when you right clicked like how you could with CoD4.

As a result a lot of us went back to playing what we wanted to play with our own little groups whether it was League of Legends, Titanfall, War Thunder, and of course the CoD4 HC TDM/CTF server. There was nothing wrong with that and there is still nothing wrong with that. However, the problem that remains is that we as a clan and a community for that matter need a game that will be our main game. I am not stating that we all have to play this game everyday (unless you want to lol) but, what I am saying is that we need a newer style game that is an FPS game to bring us together at least once or twice or more per week.

That game my friends is Insurgency!

Why Insurgency? Well, because this game has all the features you would want and ask for in a PC driven FPS game. It has the following:

• 100% true dedicated server support
    • Mod tools to make mods and maps
    • ESL league for competitive league and ladder matches (something that has been absent in DPG since the last winter league hosted by @Bojangles in CoD4) http://www.eslgaming.com/
    • Runs on the CS:GO engine
    • No ranking system. Everyone is equal and everything is unlocked. However, there are achievements.

On top of the above reasons, this game has the feel of CoD4, but with better graphics and realism and to put the icing on the cake, for a little over 1 month straight now, I have worked very hard to get us a popular server that includes B3 and Echelon (Thanks Bo for B3 and Echelon).

This server has been ranked as high as 7th overall and is currently ranked 9th in the world! http://www.gametracker.com/server_in....182.74:23113/

I have a method of keeping this server popular and will continue to make sure that it stays popular for hopefully many more months and hopefully years to come!

For years, DPG for whatever reason would get excited to get into a brand new game like CoD4 for instance, but for w/e reason we were not able to get a popular server for the new games and for w/e reason would get a popular server after the game was out for a couple of years. This game is still somewhat new and continues to hold its own with support and updated content from its developers and members of its community who are actively making mods and maps for Insurgency's steam workshop.

Best of all, this game isn't $60 plus more money for $15 DLC map packs that nobody plays. This game is only $15 on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/

This game is incredibly addictive. A few nights ago, I lost track of time and was playing this for 7 hours straight! @Arbo, @hydro, @Leuchtend, @Xeno and @smouse have the game and love it! If you have this game and haven't tried it yet, give it a legitimate try! 20 minutes won't do it justice. Try it out for at least an hour or two.

DPG is growing, but it is slowly growing. I am hoping with a new "main game" if you will that we can once again have some things that have been missing which would be a surge in recruitment, competitive game play, donations, and a boost in overall clan interest.

Last, CoD4 is a great game, but the game has been out since November of 2007!!! We have been playing that game for 7 and a half years and have had a popular server for that game since August of 2009 (with nw4mp since September of 2011). It is time that we had another game come along to bring us all together and that game should be Insurgency! The last time in reality was probably CoD2.

Hope to see you playing some Insurgency! We have everything set up to make this thing work. We just need some people to commit and spread the word. Hope to see many of you on board!

P.S. If you have Insurgency and want to add our server to your favorites simply go into the in game browser and click on the "Favorites" tab. From there right click and select "Add server by IP Address" and place this IP into there:

198.144.182.74:23113

You will now see our server on your favorites list.
    Last edited by Max][mu$; 08-10-2016 at 06:33 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mau5trpZ XFIRE ID: troopa55 Steam ID: ayekay_

Re: DPG Expands Into Insurgency

I played this game back when it was in beta, it really is a great game and has come a long way since I started playing it. There are quite a few leagues around too for people looking for that competitive edge. Aside from ESL, a very popular league is http://thedgl.org/ (Good friend who I started playing insurgency with actually started this league from scratch). They often host PUG drafts like the old COD4 days for those of us who remember that ancient time period. The mod support is rather good for such a small community (that is very active) I've seen remakes of backlot, strike, crash, de_dust 2 and many more ! Happy to see the path DPG is approaching, I may have to dust off the rig and come fraggin again.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Muxxeno Steam ID: schony87

o.0 we get to shoot @mau5trap again. j/k :P Will be good to see you active again man.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: arbopa Steam ID: arbopa

Seems fun. I think you need to know the maps well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: prodigy18

just got the game but meh cod4 feel i think ill make the server unpopular along with dimey just off skillz alone make kids rage quit :P

Quote Originally Posted by BrilliantDude49 View Post
    I don't know if the guys over at Nexon know about this game called World of Warcraft, but it's a game where lots of people exist in a single world instead of everyone living in their own world.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by skyyline005 View Post
    just got the game but meh cod4 feel i think ill make the server unpopular along with dimey just off skillz alone make kids rage quit :P
    That's fine! Where the heck is Mister Dim 3 Y Poo?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Max][mu$ View Post
    That's fine! Where the heck is Mister Dim 3 Y Poo?
    just played the game and i gotta say i love it we need more people though i like this more then csgo

it reminds me of VCoD i just need to setup my controls to this game

holding the breath for scope just everything just burst out saying this is how the call of duty franchise should of took the direction of the game

I don't know if the guys over at Nexon know about this game called World of Warcraft, but it's a game where lots of people exist in a single world instead of everyone living in their own world.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mau5trpZ XFIRE ID: troopa55 Steam ID: ayekay_

I can help people get up to speed with recommended loadouts, for pubbing and competitive play. No need to ever take a pistol. It only makes you heavier and you should never need to switch from your primary to your secondary. 9/10 times if you do need to switch to your pistol you're already dead. The competitive mode by community popularity is firefight. It's a version of "Domination" however when you die you do not respawn unless your team caps an objective. So if it's 5v1 and you're the last guy, you should be pushing for the furthest capping point so you don't have to worry about getting flanked and only have to focus on whats coming through the front doors. This allows yourself to give your team a chance to get back in the action and if you happen to be an ace shooter, dropping all the enemy players will also win the round for you if you weren't able to cap all three objectives. These can get extremely fun and stressful and I have seen some badass 5v1 clutches. The maps can be confusing at first and seem a little bit overwhelming. Just give it time, and before you know it you'll know where and when to look. Every map has its choke points which New World Interactive did some fine mapping in this game. It's important to keep track of how many members on your team are alive so you don't find yourself camping when you should be pushing for an objective. Another thing to note is that there's no kill feed in competitive play, the only way to know you actually dropped the enemy player is to check your scoreboard and see a +10 next to your name signifying you got the frag. I look forward to playing with everyone and anyone looking for tips and help feel free to add me on steam - mark6131. And no my names not Mark its Andrew lol, my friend gave me his account back in like 2005 and I've always stuck with it haha.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: 1madlimey Steam ID: Mad-Limey

@mau5trap
    its not letting me add You says :- "
    There are no users that match your search "

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: 1madlimey Steam ID: Mad-Limey

So I went n got it costs 15 Euros for the other Europeans if They are thinkin about it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: arbopa Steam ID: arbopa

@mau5trap yeah I could not find that username on steam.

It is somewhat annoying when you are dead and have one or two guys left on your team and they are camping away from the capture points, not trying to get there. As you watch the other team take them all.

I wonder about how much sound of you moving travels. I have done the squat and aimed to be quiet, but get nailed by people that run into a room and you do not hear them coming. Will have to check my audio settings anyway as my directional sound does not seem to be very good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Trophies
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

@mau5trap, if you give us your display name, we should be able to add you to Steam. Thanks man.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: th642

I hate all you COD4 traitors!!!!!!!!!! but agree with Mr.Max so I am looking forward to playing this game (if time permits blah to summer class).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Vyri XFIRE ID: ksteffens24 Steam ID: kyle24steffens

Cod 4 must die.

I honestly wish CSGO panned out. It is a good game. I think people were just too into COD4 still..

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    My two cents, go with whatever special k says.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

I still play csgo but no one is in my rank ne more im on the verge of supreme don't want to derank

Thread Information