• Go get CS:GO now!

At first when I tried out the beta from a beta key that I got from @Mr. Snickers about a month ago I thought the game sucked. Well, that all changed pretty quickly over this last few days. The game has had quite a few improvements, and after playing it again on the last day of the beta (last night) with about 14 of us or so on TS, I have to admit this game is pretty damn fun, and everyone in the channel to the exception of maybe Hottie was in agreement that this is DPG's newest game!

You don't have to be a super competitive person to enjoy this game. That is one thing I really liked about this game. Don't get me wrong its a nice competitive game, but one thing we all also agreed on was this game is a very nice casual game to play. By far the most casual CS game of the three.

It was REALLY fun playing with some of my old friends who I haven't gamed it up with for over 2 - 3 years simply because they were playing other games (League of Legends...) or burnt out with the current stuff that is out there.

I encourage EVERYONE to go out and get this game! What is this game?! This game is Counter Strike: Global Offensive. The game is now in retail as of today, and is available via Steam, or at your local Gamestop, or other retailer.

This game is not $60 bucks like some of the lame products released by Activision in which we have to usually wait a year or possibly longer for some modding group like FD1 to mod in order to give us basic things such as modding tools, server support, and bug fixes. This game is $14 on Steam! For some of you that is like lunch money for 3 days or 3 Mocha Lattes at Starbucks! Point is, you can afford it! If you can't then how the hell do you pay for your internet?

This game isn't a console port either! In fact, its nice to know this game will be ported over to console (PS3 and Xbox360) for a change. Finally, they can see how we feel!

There is also built in zombie mod for those who are interested in that. Unlike the newest CoD games we don't have to pay for DLC. Maps and mods will be constantly made with updates, and all are free! Its a great bargain!

Its been a very long time since I went out on a limb to tell the entire clan to go out and get any game. Go get this game! They fixed quite a few things. The hit boxes, the registration, the graphics (look very nice btw), and the optimization. This is Valve, they have a great reputation for PC gaming support. In fact, they probably have the best support! For a day one release its looking pretty damn good! Yes, I posted this in the Clan News & Announcements for a reason!

Last, many of you from CoD4 S&D have heard me say that my competitive days are over and that I refuse to scrim. Well, I take back those statements. I will be inner clanning the hell out of this game, and look forward to playing the hell out of this game on TWL like we did back in CoD2/early CoD4 days when we literally did 2 - 3 matches every single day! That is how EXCITED I am for this game. I love this game!

GO GET THIS DAMN GAME ALREADY!!!

Sincerely,

Max (Jossi)

P.S. Sometime later today when @Bojangles arrives home. He will be setting up our new CS:GO server! Yes, this is on Bojangles! God knows I have had my share of setting up servers for the CoD series! It is now Bojangles's turn! . Also, Bo set us up with a private one as well for scrimming/inner clan scrims while your at it!

P.S.S. Looks like there is no B3 support: http://forum.bigbrotherbot.net/other-games/steam-games/ but, that's okay because there is Mani Admin and Source Mod which are both well established and are very close to how B3 is anyways.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Go get CS:GO now! started by Max][mu$ View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
      Bones4War -
      (Hands @Max][imu$ a tissue)
      ThaMule -
      downloading right now. hopefully I can play sometime soon but will be busy the next 10-14 days or so.
      Max][mu$ -
      Played quite a bit of the Arms Race mode. Pretty damn fun and addictive! Anyone who plays CoD4 TDM who doesn't like S&D would probably love this game mode!

@Bojangles and @remedy 64 player Arms Race server!!! GO GO GO!
      Gefecht -
      I kept saying we need an arms race server. Probably my favorite game mode
      Max][mu$ -
      Personally I think we should just disable the voice chat for in game. Nothing but, immature kiddies running their damn mouths... not to mention screaming into the mic constantly. Sure I can just mute them, but still they shouldn't have the right to just ruin it for others. Can't wait until we have a set ruleset, plus admin bot that will auto warn these douche bags.
      Studdmuffin -
      Quote Originally Posted by gefecht View Post
      I kept saying we need an arms race server. Probably my favorite game mode
      Gun game sounds better imo
      ThaMule -
      Quote Originally Posted by Max][mu$ View Post
      Personally I think we should just disable the voice chat for in game. Nothing but, immature kiddies running their damn mouths... not to mention screaming into the mic constantly. Sure I can just mute them, but still they shouldn't have the right to just ruin it for others. Can't wait until we have a set ruleset, plus admin bot that will auto warn these douche bags.
      Agreed...I wanted to pimp slap some of those retards this morning.
      Bojangles -
      I am down for whatever game type you guys want to add as a 2nd or 3rd server. We will make our stuff the most popular servers around.

24/7 Fun Times!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
      speedyj69 -
      Arms race is a fun game type...
      LawDog08 -
      As always... if anyone gets this on PS3 let me know, its fantastic!
      Gotchagain -
      I bought the damn game and would like to know what is the server name DPG has so I can find it on the list. Maybe an exact word for word reference to the server name. I looked for DPG on the list and can't find it. Tried to find a post showing it in forums but can't either. Maybe I am just blind, but it would be nice to have the server name posted in big bold letters for blind people like me