PDA

View Full Version : Azure Kite's Ban Appeal from the Call of Duty 4 - Hardcore TDM Server

Azure Kite
07-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Ban AppealWhat is your in-game name?
Karma Police Which DPG server were you banned from?
Call of Duty 4 - Hardcore TDM Server Who was the Admin that banned you?
QuezaCotl Do you know why you were banned?
No Explain why you think you were banned or why you would like to be unbanned.

EDIT: I just figured out (I think) the ban was temporarily only for 24 hours, if that's the case then I'll gladly wait it out but I would still like a specific explanation as to why I was exactly temp banned. If if it wasn't, meaning permanent...then continue. (Sorry, I haven't admin-ed B3 in a long time so I think I assumed !b automatically meant permanent :P )

I'm not sure exactly what "good day sir" implies as a ban reason, so I'm a bit confused right now but here's some of my suggestions.

1) Cheating? As a PBBans staff member, certainly not.

a) The insane amount of kills in the beginning? That was coming from the helicopter I called in, not my gun. Just to clarify, it's not possible to manually control the helicopter or what it kills, no matter how berserk it goes.

b) Spamming the walls? I apologize if it looked suspicious, but I assure you it was just shooting random spots trying to get a kill on the enemy camping in back, which of course eventually failed (aka it didn't work), in which then I moved on.

(Pictures as to what I was seeing at the time.)
http://i53.tinypic.com/2s7c3v5.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2wf4iut.png

This is taken on my laptop (Was playing on my desktop) in an empty listen server just for demonstration. Yes, that's not what the UAV enemy dot looks like nor is it on hardcore, but I'm trying to show, in a simple way, what I was seeing on my radar at the time.

c) This is where I got my final kills before getting banned.

http://i56.tinypic.com/eao0a8.png

When I'm on OpFor I constantly check this spot repeatedly because I find it as a common spot for Marines to run through. I know there was smoke up, but again I was simply spamming the spot to try and nab anyone attempting to escape through the smoke. It just so happened like 3 people ran down the stairs at the same time and I got them all.

2) Mouse wheel bind? I swear I don't have it enabled (mainly because the one I have is too uncontrollable for me; doesn't have the clicking.) or any speed clickers or anything of the sort, and that was all my own left hand clicking the left click button.

3) If it was for spawn camping, spot spamming, or anything like that, I apologize and will try to control myself next time, but truth be told I honestly don't remember a warning popping up, nor remember being warned about it in the past. If there was, again I apologize, maybe the killing streak console messages drowned it out or I wasn't focusing my attention on the text messages.

Studdmuffin
07-29-2011, 05:42 PM
QuezaCotl can you shed some light on this?

QuezaCotl
07-30-2011, 02:23 AM
The insane amount of bullets you shot from your Deagle and G3 in a short amount of time looked like scrolling.

Think Dread made a demo of it. I'll ask him.. uploaded a demo that i got from dread.

Azure Kite
07-30-2011, 03:17 AM
Ah OK, thanks for the clarification.

Right now, I don't have access to my desktop right now, so I can't demo myself right now, but I believe I have some server-side proof to show I don't have scrolling.

In the config_mp.cfg, when you assign the fire button to the left click button, it shows up as 'bind MOUSE1 "+attack"'. Mouse Wheel Up and Down show as 'bind MWHEELUP "+attack"' & 'bind MWHEELDOWN "+attack"' respectively.

I'm not sure how often you guys dump your server logs, but if you still have yesterdays, please check and see if this is repeated often by my name

[KEY_MOUSE1 = +attack][1 key binding match found]
If the above is repeated (which it probably should) , then that means I have Left Click assigned to fire.

[KEY_MWHEELDOWN = +attack]

[KEY_MWHEELUP = +attack]
Any of this is scrolling.

Sorry if I freaked you guys out, but swear on my oath, none of it's from the scroll wheel.

LethalXtc
07-30-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't see any kind of scrolling or scripting here but i find it odd you seem to like to look at the walls.

Azure Kite
07-30-2011, 03:11 PM
b) Spamming the walls? I apologize if it looked suspicious, but I assure you it was just shooting random spots trying to get a kill on the enemy camping in back, which of course eventually failed (aka it didn't work), in which then I moved on.

(Pictures as to what I was seeing at the time.)
http://i53.tinypic.com/2s7c3v5.png
http://i56.tinypic.com/2wf4iut.png

This is taken on my laptop (Was playing on my desktop) in an empty listen server just for demonstration. Yes, that's not what the UAV enemy dot looks like nor is it on hardcore, but I'm trying to show, in a simple way, what I was seeing on my radar at the time.

This is what was going through my mind (as seen through the demo).

1. Noticing red dots hanging around the building near the beginning OpFor spawn. Hide on the side and eventually run into the side building in case some run out.
2. I come back out but looking on my UAV, still feel a little uneasy so run back in again.
3. Go back out again, notice on UAV that there's a enemy camping behind the aforementioned area (aka the UAV pics above) picking off people that run by.
4. Begin randomly shooting the walls to see if I can nab him.
5. Doesn't work, so I try another random spot. No dice either.
6. Last chance effort using the Deagle, nope, so I move on.
7. Check c) spot, kill some enemies.
8. Ban.

Studdmuffin
07-30-2011, 05:46 PM
You have been unbanned.

Tribe33
08-09-2011, 08:06 AM
dude your mind is starting to baffle mine! :)