PDA

View Full Version : v1.0.0.112

Yoshara
03-01-2011, 01:47 PM
As always there is a summary at the bottom.

League of Legends and PVP.net will be updated during scheduled maintenance on 3/1/2011 from 1:30 AM until 11AM PST.

New Skins in the Store

Commando Jarvan
Dragon Slayer Jarvan
Hextech Anivia
Loch Ness Cho’Gath
PVP.net v1.30.17

The Login Queue will now update your position more regularly
The Login Queue will no longer lock the focus of the application
You can now disable the Music at the main login page
Clickable URLs can now be sent via player to player chat
Updated the splash art for Twitch, Evelynn, Katarina, and Annie
Fixed several bugs with the Login Queue
Fixed a bug where your IP/RP balance would display incorrectly as 0
Fixed a bug where Summoners would display as Level 1 before displaying their correct Level and Rating
Fixed a bug where the display style for the Buddy List was overly dark
Fixed a bug where the Recently Purchased section of the Profile was working incorrectly
League of Legends v1.0.0.112

Jarvan, the Exemplar of Demacia

Dragon Strike: Jarvan IV charges through his opponent, dealing physical damage and lowering their armor by a %. This will pull Jarvan IV to a Standard if it encounters one, knocking up all enemies in his path.
Golden Aegis: Jarvan IV calls upon the ancient kings of Demacia to shield him from harm and slow surrounding enemies. Triggers automatically if damage would reduce Jarvan below 300 Health if it is not on cooldown.
Demacian Standard: Passively grants Jarvan bonus attack speed and armor. Active: Throws a Demacian flag, dealing physical damage and granting passive benefits to nearby allies.
Cataclysm (Ultimate): Jarvan IV heroically leaps at his target, dealing physical damage and creating a circle of terrain around them for a few seconds.
Martial Cadence (Passive): Jarvan IV exploits his target's opening, dealing 8% of the target's current HP as magic damage. This effect cannot occur on the same target for 6 seconds.
Anivia

Glacial Storm initial mana cost decreased to 75/125/175 from 100/150/200
Caitlyn

Ace in the Hole
Projectile speed increased to 3200 from 2200
Range increased to 1600/1900/2200 from 1400/1800/2200
Initial cast time leading up to the channeling time has been significantly decreased
Ezreal

Trueshot Barrage now scales with bonus attack damge at a 1.0 ratio
Garen

Decisive Strike
Movement speed boost increased to 3 seconds from 2
Total duration available to proc the silence and hit reduced to 6 seconds from 7
Bonus damage ratio increased to 150% from 120%
Judgment cooldown reduced to 14/13/12/11/10 from 15/14/13/12/11 seconds
Janna

Monsoon no longer slows enemies who re-enter the storm
Heavenly Wave base heal increased to 35/55/75/95/115/135 from 30/45/60/75/90/105
Spirit Bond cooldown reduced to 15/14/13/12/11/10 from 20/18/16/14/12/10.
Soul Shield Increased the shield strength by 10 at all ranks.
Mantra cooldown reduced to 25 seconds from 30 seconds.
LeBlanc

Ethereal Chains ability power ratio increased to 0.5 from 0.4 for both damage components
Maokai

Twisted Advance levelup tooltip now correctly displays the increase in mana cost
Fixed a bug where Maokai's death animation would not play if he is slain during Twisted Advance
Mordekaiser

Mace of Spades ability power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2
Singed

Fixed a bug that was causing Poison Trail to have a 1 second cooldown upon activation
Sivir

Fixed a bug with Boomerang Blade that was causing certain items to not show their bonus attack damage in the tooltip
Urgot

Fixed a bug with Acid Hunter that was causing missile lock to shoot further then intended
Veigar

Primordial Burst ability power ratio increased to 1.2 of Veigar's ability power and reduced to 0.8 of his target's ability power
Zilean

Fixed a bug where the particle on Time Warp would not persist through the full duration of the movement speed modifier at later ranks
Items

Fixed a tooltip bug where Haunting Guise said it provided 180 Health and 20 Ability Power, when it actually provided 200 Health and 25 Ability Power
Morello's Evil Tome cooldown reduction increased to 20% from 15%
Sight and Vision Wards can now be stacked 5 per slot
Tiamat
Attack damage increased to 50 from 42
Mana regeneration per 5 seconds increased to 5 from 4
Shop tooltip is now more descriptive, matching the inventory tooltip
Spirit Visage increased healing and regeneration effects reduced to 15% from 20%
Summoner Spells

Ghost duration decreased to 10 from 14
General

Death Timers have been reduced on Summoner's Rift to 12-50 seconds from 28-50 seconds
Minions
Melee minion magic resist now increases 1.25 per 3 minutes (up from 0.5)
Ranged minion armor now increases 1.25 per 3 minutes (up from 0.5)
Cannon minion armor and magic resist now increase 3 per 3 minutes (up from 2)
After 20 minutes, cannon minions now spawn every 2 waves (up from every 3 waves)
Cannon minions and super minions now reduce turret damage by 65% (up from 50%)
Fixed a tooltip bug "This unit receive..." with cannon minions and super minions
Minions now deal about 50% more damage to turrets
Turrets
Turrets deal about 10% less base damage to champions
Turrets now have 20% armor penetration
Fixed several typos in the Options Menu

New Champion Jarvan IV.

Fixed some bugs with the PvP.net system, the chat and queue. I think thats why they were having those issues, they were testing the changes probably.

Anivia received a small buff.

Caitlyn received a small buff.

Ezrael got a huge buff, his Trueshot Barrage now adds all of his AD.

Garen receieved a small buff, only one Im worried about is his speed increase when he activates one of his abilities.

Janna's monsoon no longer slows you if you get pushed back and run back into it. Huge nerf there. Looks like Ill be breaking her ult quicker now and my team won't get as much healing.

Karma received a huge buff to her heals, shield, and cooldowns.

Leblanc's chain now does more damage (.5 ratio insted of .4)

Mordekaiser's ability where maces come out of the ground now does more damage based on his AP (.4 from .2) Like it doesn't do enough already.

A couple bugs fixed with maokai, no buffs or nerfs.

Singed no longer has a 1 sec activation timer on his poison trail.

Huge nerf on viegar. His ability that uses his AP and his target's has been changed. Instead of using 1.2 ratio of the target's AP it now uses only 0.8.

Spirit visage got a nerf, which I forsee making Mundo less of a threat.

Summoner Spell Ghost lasts 4 seconds longer now.

And heres the big one, make sure you atleast read this part -

Death Timers have been reduced on Summoner's Rift to 12-50 seconds from 28-50 seconds
Minions
Melee minion magic resist now increases 1.25 per 3 minutes (up from 0.5)
Ranged minion armor now increases 1.25 per 3 minutes (up from 0.5)
Cannon minion armor and magic resist now increase 3 per 3 minutes (up from 2)
After 20 minutes, cannon minions now spawn every 2 waves (up from every 3 waves)
Cannon minions and super minions now reduce turret damage by 65% (up from 50%)
Fixed a tooltip bug "This unit receive..." with cannon minions and super minions
Minions now deal about 50% more damage to turrets
Turrets
Turrets deal about 10% less base damage to champions
Turrets now have 20% armor penetration

Special K
03-01-2011, 02:03 PM
So that last part is because games take a long time and ppl complained?

Yoshara
03-01-2011, 03:23 PM
So that last part is because games take a long time and ppl complained?

People didn't complain. Riot does not cave to people who complain, they are not blizzard.

They found that games were lasting longer than intended, longer than they want them to so they up some of the minion's damage. Of course thats not everything, if you look at the turret's decrease in damage and increase in armor penetration that is to prevent people from turret diving. They did not like the fact that any character with a resemblance of armor could ignore a turret completely.

Special K
03-01-2011, 09:42 PM
People didn't complain. Riot does not cave to people who complain, they are not blizzard.

They found that games were lasting longer than intended, longer than they want them to so they up some of the minion's damage. Of course thats not everything, if you look at the turret's decrease in damage and increase in armor penetration that is to prevent people from turret diving. They did not like the fact that any character with a resemblance of armor could ignore a turret completely.

Ahh i got you. I havent been turret dived but I have heard of it. ( Ive only played a few games.)

Vash
03-02-2011, 08:03 AM

when people complain riot caves, especially if a pro LoL player like hotshotgg says something needs to be fixed, they do it =/

Yoshara
03-03-2011, 05:24 AM
when people complain riot caves, especially if a pro LoL player like hotshotgg says something needs to be fixed, they do it =/

League of Legends: Pro Players Opinions Matter!

Riot makes champion changes each patch based on a certain criteria: How often champs are being played and their scores, how strong or weak they feel a champion has become, and what top-tiered players have to say. Regardless if they come out and admit it or not, Riot cares about opinions coming from top-ELO gamers. As a topic complained on the forums about quite often, the LoL community seems to rally around the fact that only a select number of players are determining who is OP or not, which is a bad thing. People believe that is unfair because HotShotGG and Elementz can just set new FoTM (flavors of the month) and determine buffs and nerfs depending on how they see fit. I do agree that players such as Elementz and HotShotGG have strong ties to Riot and the staff does go over champions that top players comment about; however, let me explain why this is actually a good thing.

Any company that wants to make a competitive game looks at the top ranked players to determine what is really imbalanced. While Riot supports feedback of champions from all players, they certainly do and should focus more on opinions that come from the most skilled players. Take a look at any competitive game that revolves around balance and you’ll notice that the changes made to games are based on the opinions of the best. Games such as Starcraft, World of Warcraft, and any other MOBA or RTS games fall into that category. What Blizzard has done for Starcraft and WoW is base their balance decisions on high-end play, and Riot does the same. Riot wants League of Legends to be the premier event at WCG2012, and they want a game that is supported by the best gamers. Let’s be honest here—Elementz and HotShotGG are two of the best LoL players out there, and they don’t want to be playing a tournament with champs they feel are OP.

Riot is a business, and businesses are all about money. Riot had done a superb job making League of Legends a noteworthy game in WCG2010 and they will surely aim to do the same this year. They want the best players from around the world competing in the same room for top LoL glory. This has always been the goal for riot—to finish season 1 in an epic fashion at WCG 2011. The top teams won’t want to play a game they don’t see as balanced (as any competitive gamer won’t either). Sure there will be different opinions on certain champions from players around the world, but for the most part, the consensus will always be the same for most of the balance issues. Everyone on the NA server will be rooting for CLG represent us as the best server and will ultimately want them to win. Why not show our support for them? They’ve played many more games than all of us, and I trust them to have good judgment when it comes to what is imbalanced. I believe that people believe this as well, however they just like trolling the best—but then again, who doesn’t?

That being said, one question still looms... How do champions that we find imbalanced seem on the other servers? Due to our meta-game being large scale team fights, champions Elementz and HotShotGG consider to be bad picks might not be bad picks to the Europeans or Chinese. That is what will make WCG 2011 a fantastic event. Who wouldn’t like to see HotShotGG get owned by a champion he determines is worthless? In the mean time, the game will continue to be balanced around the best players—if it is that big of an issue for people, all you need to do is look at other competitive games and see how they are balanced (it is a recipe for disappointment).

You make it sound like its a bad thing Vash. I've underlined the most important part.

Vash
03-03-2011, 10:34 AM
You make it sound like its a bad thing Vash. I've underlined the most important part.

it is a bad thing they nerf random champions in the dumbest ways yet leave op vlad to stay op

Yoshara
03-03-2011, 03:46 PM
it is a bad thing they nerf random champions in the dumbest ways yet leave op vlad to stay op

Vlad is not OP in anyway. He has one escape mechanic that got nerfed to hell by taking away its speed increase. If you want to counter him look to your builds, not the devs.

Vash
03-03-2011, 11:37 PM
of course yet again yosh your right. vlad obviously is not op cause every champ can tower dive at lvl 6 then sanguine pool out.

Yoshara
03-04-2011, 03:15 AM
of course yet again yosh your right. vlad obviously is not op cause every champ can tower dive at lvl 6 then sanguine pool out.

lol that sucks.

If your playing against a good vlad and he knows he can tower dive you grab a 24 or 48 Magic resist item. Just that item will stop close to 15% of his damage and if your full or close to full health you should be alright. He might get away from you but you'll survive. I think most of his high damage abilities are on pretty high cooldowns so if you survive that first volley then your alright. Its his burst damage that hurts, especially when he throws down that damn hemoplague that increases the damage dealt by all sources.

Don't get mad because I have an opinion about something, show me proof that he is overpowered. I don't get mad when somehow, in CoD, out of the blue you or muffin turns the corner, somehow knows I am in the room to start with and I am dead before I can even react. I want you to get better and I will help you, I don't mind at all.