PDA

View Full Version : KiLLaKiLLa's Ban Appeal from the Call of Duty 4 - S&D Server

KiLLaKiLLa
11-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Ban AppealWhat is your in-game name?
'K!LLa?. Which DPG server were you banned from?
Call of Duty 4 - S&D Server Who was the Admin that banned you?
|DPG| Howie17 Do you know why you were banned?
Yes Explain why you think you were banned or why you would like to be unbanned.
I Got Ban cause i was in a glitch and i exit the glitch to KiLL the Admin.... An Howie Ban me Without Warning or anything else... Even if he Know Me , We play Often Together .... Just To Tell Me i will Understand and dont do It Again. I Learn This Glitch when i was playing in your server so i was Thinking he was Permitted.... Sorry My Bad.

Thx and See ya lata. Sorry For Fault Im French From Canada So I do My Best.

Studdmuffin
11-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Why would you think glitching is ok? That's like taking a test and having a answer key right next to you. Both are forms of cheating. Maybe Howie17 can shed some light on this.

KiLLaKiLLa
11-24-2010, 11:45 PM
No i Admit my fault But when you see tons of people doing it This dont help. And Some are Glitching some use Fast Fire Mouse Scrolls...
But I admit my fault And i appologise For it.

Studdmuffin
11-25-2010, 12:19 AM
No i Admit my fault But when you see tons of people doing it This dont help. And Some are Glitching some use Fast Fire Mouse Scrolls...
But I admit my fault And i appologise For it.

Alright I will give you another chance but this is your final warning. As for those other people, you might want to bring it to an admins attention. If no admin is available please get a demo and submit it to us so we can handle it.

KiLLaKiLLa
11-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Ok Thx A Lot !!! But Im not able to take a demo .... And so much too Handle :thumbsup:

Studdmuffin
11-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Ok Thx A Lot !!! But Im not able to take a demo .... And so much too Handle :thumbsup:

type /record in console and that it's it your recording. /stoprecord to end. pretty simple stuff. Also this thread tells it all. http://www.thadpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13020

Howie17
11-26-2010, 12:20 PM
As I explained to his friend 'Cadillac after having kicked 'Killa?. the purpose of the ban was to have evidence of him glitching should he do it again the permanent ban would not be repealed. As it stands, I had every intention of lifting the ban once he requested a lift on our forums of the first one to make record of the whole event.. if that all makes sense.

st_mu69
11-26-2010, 01:23 PM
We need to take a record of all glitches ??? Are we able to fix them ?!?

Studdmuffin
11-26-2010, 01:43 PM
As I explained to his friend 'Cadillac after having kicked 'Killa?. the purpose of the ban was to have evidence of him glitching should he do it again the permanent ban would not be repealed. As it stands, I had every intention of lifting the ban once he requested a lift on our forums of the first one to make record of the whole event.. if that all makes sense.

Yea that makes it all clear for me Howie

We need to take a record of all glitches ??? Are we able to fix them ?!?

No we can't. It's an in game glitch that will always be there.

st_mu69
11-26-2010, 01:58 PM
In crash, roof glitch we have to record and ban ?!?

Studdmuffin
11-26-2010, 02:47 PM
In crash, roof glitch we have to record and ban ?!?

That is not a glitch. That's a jump and is legal.

st_mu69
11-26-2010, 02:56 PM
AHh ok

Yoshara
11-26-2010, 08:21 PM
That is not a glitch. That's a jump and is legal.

Actually, the definition of a glitch is "In video games, a glitch is a programming error which results in behavior not intended by the programmers."

cited here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch

It was not intended to be able to get on top of that, so therefore it is a glitch.

This of course does not change the fact that it is not a game changing glitch so we would not ban for it, but a glitch nonetheless.

I <3 you muffin! lol

Studdmuffin
11-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Actually, the definition of a glitch is "In video games, a glitch is a programming error which results in behavior not intended by the programmers."

cited here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch

It was not intended to be able to get on top of that, so therefore it is a glitch.

This of course does not change the fact that it is not a game changing glitch so we would not ban for it, but a glitch nonetheless.

I <3 you muffin! lol

Your always correcting me you whore! <3

st_mu69
11-27-2010, 06:26 AM
So is it a glistch or not ?

Howie17
11-27-2010, 08:52 AM
st_mu69 In a technical sense of the term, getting on the roofs on Crash is a glitch, but since it can be gotten to using the climbing animation and the advantage it gives to someone is negligible, we let that one slide. The glitches that we consider intolerable are the ones where people can see through part of the map, to see where someone is at without them being able to see that person. There are two such places on Pipeline and one on Crash that I am aware of.

On Crash, if you get on the roof of the 3-story building (the one with the stairs to the 3rd floor above, A), you can lay down and lean into one of the bricks at the top of the staircase and see through the floor -- unfair advantage, and therefore bannable glitch.

On Pipeline, you can get on top of one of the train cars and if you turn a certain way can see through the train car, another unfair advantage and therefore bannable glitch. And lastly, in the tunnels of pipeline you can jump into one of the walls so to speak, and although you aren't completely invisible or unkillable, it's obviously a glitch, and it does give you some advantage of being concealed, which is unfair / bannable.

Here's a link to the pipeline glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_Jc4SUdKyU&feature=related
-At the one minute marker you see how you jump into the wall or pipes, and can get an idea of why that is a bannable glitch.
-At the two minute marker you see the glitch Killa was banned for, and again, why it's an obvious unfair advantage, and therefore something we ban for on our server.

If you youtube cod4 glitches you can see many many more, the rule of thumb is basically, if you can see through part of the map whereas someone else can't see you, or your obscured from view, then it's an unfair advantage -- ergo bannable. In both cases this is true, the first example (1 min marker) the player can see through the pipes whereas someone looking at the pipes will only see maybe a gun sticking out, and the second example (2 min marker), the ability to see through the train car, whereas someone on the other side has no way of seeing that person until they get on the sides of the train car.

st_mu69
11-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Now i understand thank you i will review that video when i get home !!!!

Tribe33
01-16-2011, 11:57 PM
in pipeline there are three areas of glitching
one is the tunnels in the pipes, the top of the train car and
the last is the MG on the second floor there is a way to jump up into it from the ground floor, that blocks all inbound shots.
you have to spec the person on that to make sure, the only thing that gets him is shots from behind or a nade from behind.

[_$_(1)_$_]
01-17-2011, 01:34 AM
Ive seen someone do i jump on top of the ''A'' building on pipeline(where u hit the car window and it shoots u to the top)...is that legal?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XMTPJu-wSU&feature=related

Hammy
01-17-2011, 04:06 PM
I say ban them all. They obviously are using a unintended feature of the program to take advantage of other players on the server. We don't need these type of people around. I would vote for a permanent ban.

Studdmuffin
01-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Necro :locked:

Max][mu$
01-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Necro :locked:

PM sent.