PDA

View Full Version : Shadowwolf's Ban Appeal from the Call of Duty 4 - Hardcore TDM Server

Shadowwolf
10-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Ban AppealWhat is your in-game name?
Shadowwolf Which DPG server were you banned from?
Call of Duty 4 - Hardcore TDM Server Who was the Admin that banned you?
Finger the Cat Do you know why you were banned?
Yes Explain why you think you were banned or why you would like to be unbanned.
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure of the situation. My father came to me earlier this evening, informing me that he was banned for wall hacking from a server he normally plays on. He actually wrote down the reason given as being "wall hacking whore" (which I find to be totally unprofessional I might add). I would just like to point out, my father is 61 years old. He's on the verge of senility (if that's a word...point I'm trying to make is he's almost senile), and he suffers from PTSD. He doesn't even understand the concept of any sort of hacking let alone how to utilize one if he ever came across one. What I am attempting to say is, my father doesn't wall-hack, or do any type of hacking whatsoever. I myself come from a clan (AUGElite) that is well known for it's intolerance of hackers, especially among members, if that's of any consolation at all.

I am just looking to overturn this ban and am willing to comply with whatever means necessary to prove his innocence.

QuezaCotl
10-30-2010, 02:01 AM
Would love to see a demo of this or hear the admin's story. You'll have to wait until then I suppose.

Shadowwolf
10-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Would love to see a demo of this or hear the admin's story. You'll have to wait until then I suppose.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know how to present a demo of this, and I highly doubt my father does, either. Any instruction on how to do this would be much appreciated. Otherwise, it is as you say; we'll have to wait for the admin.

QuezaCotl
10-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Well you don't need to worry about making a demo ;) Admins should have one ready in case of a ban appeal

Bojangles
10-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Alright so let me get something straight first:

A - Your father plays as Shadowwolf
B - You play as Shadowwolf
C - All of the above

Need an answer on that, only because I would find it hard to believe a 61 year-old senile man would type this in all chat to a server on a video game:

Friday, 22/10/2010 (23:30) ShadowWolf says to all rape
Tuesday, 19/10/2010 (16:38) ShadowWolf says to all RAPE YOU MN

It looks like whoever is playing as "ShadowWolf" has a hard time following the rules because they have been kicked 20 times for Noob Tubing/Martyrdom. Add in a kick for spec nading too and that is a nice laundry list of a history you have here.

Now, as far as the ban goes, the admin Finger The Cat will have to reply as to what the ban was for. From the looks of the logs it seems he banned after someone said "Shadowwolf" had a no-recoil hack.

Shadowwolf
10-30-2010, 11:06 AM
The only one who plays as Shadowwolf is my father. I play(ed) as Blues ([AUG] Blues if you need to look up the name; past tense because I haven't touched the game in about a year...maybe year and a 1/2). He's not senile, he's on the verge of being senile (my own personal opinion based on more recent experiences when speaking with him). And from what I understand, he wrote "rape" at the end of a match after seeing someone else write it (just because he's 61 doesn't mean he doesn't join in on the gloating), and if those are the only two times you have records of him writing anything, then you can see he's not a big talker (his English is very poor, which is why I'm here in his stead to begin with).

As for the noobtubing/Martyrdom rule breaking, I would like to ask, is the rule cycled in the announcements of the server? I ask because as mentioned before, this is the first time any of this has been brought up to me...so if it is cycled, I'll make sure to mention it to him not to use it any more (he tends to concentrate on the game so it's possible he never saw the announcement, especially if it's not given as a reason behind his kicks).

Also, could you clarify what spec nading is? I've never heard the term used before coming to this site so if it's something preventable I can forward that information along to him as well.

As I said, he doesn't hack...and again, I find it really unprofessional if someone banned him just because someone else accused him of hacking. Especially if what is written in the log doesn't match up with the reason given.

EDIT: To be precise, in CoD4, I went by [AUG] Blues (or Blues [AUG]) until WaW came out, where I was forced to take on the name of Bluez (due to someone having taken the name). I then went back and changed my name to Bluez in CoD4 to coincide with the change. I am also in BF:BC2 under the same name/tag.

Studdmuffin
10-30-2010, 12:19 PM
The only one who plays as Shadowwolf is my father. I play(ed) as Blues ([AUG] Blues if you need to look up the name; past tense because I haven't touched the game in about a year...maybe year and a 1/2). He's not senile, he's on the verge of being senile (my own personal opinion based on more recent experiences when speaking with him). And from what I understand, he wrote "rape" at the end of a match after seeing someone else write it (just because he's 61 doesn't mean he doesn't join in on the gloating), and if those are the only two times you have records of him writing anything, then you can see he's not a big talker (his English is very poor, which is why I'm here in his stead to begin with).

As for the noobtubing/Martyrdom rule breaking, I would like to ask, is the rule cycled in the announcements of the server? I ask because as mentioned before, this is the first time any of this has been brought up to me...so if it is cycled, I'll make sure to mention it to him not to use it any more (he tends to concentrate on the game so it's possible he never saw the announcement, especially if it's not given as a reason behind his kicks).

Also, could you clarify what spec nading is? I've never heard the term used before coming to this site so if it's something preventable I can forward that information along to him as well.

As I said, he doesn't hack...and again, I find it really unprofessional if someone banned him just because someone else accused him of hacking. Especially if what is written in the log doesn't match up with the reason given.

EDIT: To be precise, in CoD4, I went by [AUG] Blues (or Blues [AUG]) until WaW came out, where I was forced to take on the name of Bluez (due to someone having taken the name). I then went back and changed my name to Bluez in CoD4 to coincide with the change. I am also in BF:BC2 under the same name/tag.

When you receive a warning it comes up in your chat log in yellow font color. You can also type !rules to find out what rules are in place. Spec nade is when you throw down a nade and switch to the other team to kill everyone that was on your team. It is so to say "team killing".

st_mu69
10-30-2010, 12:48 PM
you are an admin and you don't know what is spec nading ????

Shadowwolf
10-30-2010, 01:15 PM
I've never known that's what it was called. Also, that doesn't seem like something my father would do (his tactics usually involve joining the allies, or marines in this case, and shooting out the 2 M203 rounds he has to try and kill the opposing team when they're bunched up, then continuing his assault). He doesn't like to switch teams once he's settled in (though I do know he tries to stay on marines whenever possible). Regardless, I'll let him know not to do it if he ever has. Sounds to me like a combo of auto balance/martyrdom happened, as I've seen it happen with him and others when playing on servers with FF on.

As mentioned in previous post, I'll let him know not to use M203 and Marty anymore on your server. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hammy
10-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Who is this admin who banned him btw and why hasn't he weighed in. It should be a requirement that if you have admin you check the forums at least or your admin is removed.

Honestly, this sounds like simply a less than savvy user simply not adhearing the the marty/toob rule. I've been autoswitched I believe and did the nade thing myself.

Again, this admin needs to be contacted to weigh in.

Finger The Cat
10-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Sorry if it took a while before I replied, I didn't know that I was concerned by a post (some player just told me while I was playing). I know I've banned this player, I have to admit that I was pissed off at this moment. I truly apologize if I was wrong to do so, but before banning people I always watch them in spectator mode. It happened a few days ago, so I can't remember exactly what happened and tell accurate details.. but if I did it, even pissed, I had to think he really was hacking. For an almost "senile" guy (without offense, I only tell what has been told), he really seemed suspicious in his playing and behaviour towards other players (i.e. the "rape" thing, the 20 warnings about martyrdom/tubing rule, etc).

Anyway, my point's that I'm sorry if I was wrong and I apologize.. but I thought I was right. If I wasn't, well unban him! I didn't want to do any trouble with anybody. I'm sorry for all of this, I'll try not to do it again.

(sorry for my poor english, it's my second language and I didn't always know how to tell what I had in mind.. lol)

GeminiOfSin
10-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Sorry if it took a while before I replied, I didn't know that I was concerned by a post (some player just told me while I was playing). I know I've banned this player, I have to admit that I was pissed off at this moment. I truly apologize if I was wrong to do so, but before banning people I always watch them in spectator mode. It happened a few days ago, so I can't remember exactly what happened and tell accurate details.. but if I did it, even pissed, I had to think he really was hacking. For an almost "senile" guy (without offense, I only tell what has been told), he really seemed suspicious in his playing and behaviour towards other players (i.e. the "rape" thing, the 20 warnings about martyrdom/tubing rule, etc).

Anyway, my point's that I'm sorry if I was wrong and I apologize.. but I thought I was right. If I wasn't, well unban him! I didn't want to do any trouble with anybody. I'm sorry for all of this, I'll try not to do it again.

(sorry for my poor english, it's my second language and I didn't always know how to tell what I had in mind.. lol)

So you didn't take a demo?

Finger The Cat
10-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Actually no, I didn't.

caneman13
10-30-2010, 04:25 PM
unbanning will commence.

finger the cat - in order to ban for hacking you need to record a demo as evidence and post it in our forums.

locking this up. glhf