PDA

View Full Version : Rooster's Ban Appeal from the Call of Duty 4 - S&D Server

Rooster
10-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Ban AppealWhat is your in-game name?
Rooster Which DPG server were you banned from?
Call of Duty 4 - S&D Server Who was the Admin that banned you?
Conan Do you know why you were banned?
Yes Explain why you think you were banned or why you would like to be unbanned.
I was banned twice tonight
First, He banned me for 1 minute because i was writing in french to other who are also understood french in the game.

Second: when I came back after first minute to play and I told him that I would file a complaint against him here on the forum cause i thought I was banned for a very bad reason. Then I was immediately banned again for no reason this time. ?

I have been playing COD for many years on lots of servers and this is the first time I get banned for writing in my own language. I also mostly write write in english since I know many players are but i don see the problem for writing in french once in a while with other players that can understand.

I would like an answer please. Thank you.

Rooster

Conan O'Brien
10-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Hey Rooster.

Did I really ban you? =o To the best of my memory, I believe I kicked you twice for talking in a different language. The reason for this is I did not know what you were saying in French and you could have been swearing to another player in French. Also, there was a whole lot of other players speaking in French and clogging up the chat log which I keep a close eye on. I do believe I asked kindly, twice with a please and a thank you at the end. To be honest with you, I thought you were somehow trying to mess with my head and my main reason for kicking you was for basically clogging the chat log.

I owe you an apology rooster. There is no rule stating you cannot speak in any other languages but English. I was upholding a rule that never existed. You had every right to talk to another player that does not speak English that well. DPG and I for that matter are not racist in any way. I hope you understand.

An admin will remove your ban if I really did ban you. :tup2:

Thanks for stopping by our forums. <3

Studdmuffin
10-07-2010, 07:00 PM
You were only kicked, not banned. As far as rules, there isn't an English only rule or anything of the such. As Conan had said, we like players to use English because we never know what that person can be saying. A member that speaks Dutch always finds someone speaking Dutch in chat, but they are using profanity and such. The rest of us wouldn't know what they would be saying. I do find a lot of players using polish but they are cussing and such. (Don't speak polish just know the swear words =P)

EternalBliss
10-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Just an FYI, Rooster is not the only player that was kicked/banned today because of speaking in a foreign language in the game server. I hope that this type of situation gets straightened out before it happens to more players.

Bliss

Studdmuffin
10-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Just an FYI, Rooster is not the only player that was kicked/banned today because of speaking in a foreign language in the game server. I hope that this type of situation gets straightened out before it happens to more players.

Bliss

Just let players know why we ask them to. Just say it's more of a request that helps us admin the servers better.

Rooster
10-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi Conan,
Yes indeed I was not banned but kicked I made a mistake about that also I understand when you say people in other language could say some bad thing and bad words.
I always say friendly thing and with no bad intention.

So I myself apologise for this situation and I wish to play on your server to have fun playing and interact with other players.

st_mu69
10-07-2010, 09:18 PM
i speak french and english and i always warn people what ever language they use !!!! ... im speaking a bit of spanish italian and portuguse so i always checking logs :P the funniest thing when i warn french people they always says stop warn people if you dont understand french i say " haha et oui je parle aussi francais je vien du quebec " ( haha and i speak french and im from quebec )

LethalXtc
10-07-2010, 11:08 PM
heeh Mu is our new language filter :)

QuezaCotl
10-08-2010, 01:42 AM
i speak french and english and i always warn people what ever language they use !!!! ... im speaking a bit of spanish italian and portuguse so i always checking logs :P the funniest thing when i warn french people they always says stop warn people if you dont understand french i say " haha et oui je parle aussi francais je vien du quebec " ( haha and i speak french and im from quebec )

je parle aussi un peu de francais :o even though it's only the swearing words :)

st_mu69
10-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Loll but if you want can we add some french swearing word in b3???

QuezaCotl
10-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Loll but if you want can we add some french swearing word in b3???

I still want to keep my french outbursts ;/

st_mu69
10-08-2010, 03:23 PM
haha but almost everybody in here dont speak french it coulb nice for them that b3 warn poeple right away !!!