PDA

View Full Version : orangeda's Ban Appeal from the Call of Duty: World at War - CTF Server

orangeda
10-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Ban AppealWhat is your in-game name?
orangeda Which DPG server were you banned from?
Call of Duty: World at War - CTF Server Who was the Admin that banned you?
LethalX Do you know why you were banned?
Yes Explain why you think you were banned or why you would like to be unbanned.
Sun, Oct 3rd at 11:15 pm EST, I was only temp banned, but just had a question, We were in the map Asylum, and we were fighting over the courtyard, and I was banned by LethalX for reason given, not going after the objective, although it was back and forth at the time, the score was 1-1, and what I was doing could hardly be considered camping, as neither team had established a strong position.

I came back on, and asked LethalX why he banned me for doing what everyone else was doing, and basically how CTF is played, and he temp banned me again, reason given, no abusive language towards admin or other players. My question word for word was "Why would you ban me for doing what everyone else does?".

I've been playing on your server for a long time, and I always follow the rules. Some people get angry with me, and many accuse me of cheating, because I get the high score alot. I do my best not to respond to that nonsense, and also treat other players with respect. I play to have a good time and win, , so I'd just like to get an explanation why he was acting like that, if possible. I'd hope that playing within the rules stated by the server would allow me to play without be hassled like that by one of the admins.

My email is orangeda@yahoo.com, if you care to respond, I'd appreciate it, just wanted to state my case, and hopefully get some answers.

Thanks.

Yoshara
10-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Orangeda is a long time player, I can vouch for that. He always seems to follow the rules, I think hes been kicked a couple of times in the beginning for his language but nothing extreme (and I could also be wrong so don't hold me to it). I just see this being somewhat out of character.

LethalXtc
10-03-2010, 09:36 PM
First off let start with that there is nothing set in stone regarding spawn camping but it is up to the admin on duty to determine weather or not you are excessively sitting in the other teams spawn. I did warn you and 2 others for spawn camping if you are not paying attention then yes you would have missed the warning but with all the chat/warnings going on due to all the spawn camping going on i am pretty sure you noticed something. Once i warned one i kicked you with the second offense and the reason given was obj ( not going for the objective). Then you came in and stated with what ever your complaint was I was not the only admin on the server at the time who was watching you and several others doing this but in all fairness there is a time and place for camping. A good example is someone who is sniping, someone clearing the area for a flag grab or on rare occasion when the server is not at capacity. Also under no circumstance should you argue/question an admins decision if you have any issues please make a complaint on the forums.

The ban was for one day.

Studdmuffin
10-03-2010, 09:49 PM
This will be looked into further. Also to help answer your question, we want to keep the game constantly moving and keep people from camping the other teams spawn/flag area. So if it looked like you were doing that, that is why you got warned/kick.

Sunday, 03/10/2010 (22:07) orangeda says to all You kicked me for doing what everyone else does?

Looking at the logs, the way you worded your question more then a few of us would not like it. It sounds like your talking back to us. For example, if you get pulled over by the cops for speeding. Would you say that to them? I sure wouldn't. I definitely would not get out of that ticket. Just word your sentences better that's all.

jackmeup
10-04-2010, 06:07 AM
I will be a little less diplomatic then Lethal. You are a known player that does not make an effort for flags. You enjoy sitting outside of the oppositions spawn and racking up the kills. That makes for good fun for you, but causes alot of complaints about spawn camping. It basically comes down to this, one player taking the fun out of a game for several.

Max][mu$
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
orangeda We appreciate you being a long time regular. Your ban was only for 1 day. Please take the posts made in this thread as constructive advice in the future.

orangeda
10-04-2010, 08:35 PM
That's how CTF goes, though. There are certain parts of the map that are important to control in order for your team to win, and those are the areas I try to hold. I may not go for the flag alot myself, I usually try to get arty or dogs before making a run, but I do allow for my teammates to get in and get the flag, to help my team win, which is really all I care about. As to spawn camping, when you get 30 guys or more on some of these maps, and especially in a smaller map like Asylum, it's inevitably going to happen when one team is winning, because spawns are set, not random like in a TDM, where the spawn will shift when a certain area gets overrun. I've been on the wrong end of it plenty of times, but I try and find another way to get around the opposition, because that's just the way the game goes in CTF.

To Lethal, as for me missing warnings, I pay little if any attention to the chat while I'm fighting, so if you did warn me, I can assure that I didn't see it, if I had, I would have asked you what I was doing wrong then. What I don't understand about that though is that I spec'd DPG Agitator and he was doing almost exactly what I was doing, covering that same hallway, but he was doing it from back inside our base with a .30 cal while I was fighting from the courtyard with the 44. We were trying to fight our way in on the left side to get the flag, and the other team kept reinforcing.

All that said, I appreciate the responses, thanks for at least taking the time to respond.

Your server is certainly one of the best around, especially for CTF, and I'll do my best to continue to play within the stated server rules.

LethalXtc
10-04-2010, 10:47 PM
That's how CTF goes, though. There are certain parts of the map that are important to control in order for your team to win, and those are the areas I try to hold. I may not go for the flag alot myself, I usually try to get arty or dogs before making a run, but I do allow for my teammates to get in and get the flag, to help my team win, which is really all I care about. As to spawn camping, when you get 30 guys or more on some of these maps, and especially in a smaller map like Asylum, it's inevitably going to happen when one team is winning, because spawns are set, not random like in a TDM, where the spawn will shift when a certain area gets overrun. I've been on the wrong end of it plenty of times, but I try and find another way to get around the opposition, because that's just the way the game goes in CTF.

To Lethal, as for me missing warnings, I pay little if any attention to the chat while I'm fighting, so if you did warn me, I can assure that I didn't see it, if I had, I would have asked you what I was doing wrong then. What I don't understand about that though is that I spec'd DPG Agitator and he was doing almost exactly what I was doing, covering that same hallway, but he was doing it from back inside our base with a .30 cal while I was fighting from the courtyard with the 44. We were trying to fight our way in on the left side to get the flag, and the other team kept reinforcing.

All that said, I appreciate the responses, thanks for at least taking the time to respond.

Your server is certainly one of the best around, especially for CTF, and I'll do my best to continue to play within the stated server rules.

Key words, back in our base.

I know it will happen but you don't have to sit 20-50 feet out side of your spawn point and do so and from your lack of flag caps and high K/D we all noticed you could careless if anyone else other than you is having a good time. Unfortunately i my sefl an other Admins are here to make sure everyone that visits the DPG servers have a good time not just the regulars. So spawn camping and raping the other team will turn people away from our servers and we would like all people who obey the rules to continue to enjoy DPG servers.

Ty Xtc

GeminiOfSin
10-05-2010, 09:40 AM
I would like to say that it is definitely a horrible way to respond by trying to claim that a DPG admin and member was breaking a rule when I know for sure agitator knows all about that rule. Not only is that childish to do, but its annoying. Not to mention the fact that you specifically called out a player makes me wonder why you were spectating him specifically. I've seen the way you play and I know exactly why you were kicked. Not to mention you claim right here;
I usually try to get arty or dogs before making a run, that you prefer getting kills than to get the flag. This is exactly what you do during the game and you choose not to get the flag. You've admitted that you know you intentionally have done things to get this warning before, whether you have actually been warned for OBJ before is up to the admins on at that time.

You are a long time player, I have seen you on the servers before. Regardless, I have to ask you, as a long time player, why do you not pay attention to the bright yellow and red colors of the warnings? Its not hard to see.