PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: WaW How to record a demo, locate your demo, and submit your demo

Max][mu$
06-05-2010, 04:02 AM
After repeating myself too many times I decided to make a short tutorial for our regulars, newcomers, pubs, and whoever else may find this information useful:

Start up CoD5.

Make sure your console is enabled and press the ~ key and type this for example while your in game in spectator mode recording the person who you think is hacking:

/record hackername

You will then notice the demo recording in the lower left hand corner of your screen. To stop your demo simply type this in your console:

/stoprecord

or you can simply quit out of your game or /disconnect out of your game by typing that in your console.

To view your demo you can type this in your console while your at the main menu of CoD5:

/demo hackername

To submit a demo here simply click on Go Advanced and then click on the paper clip before you post. For Windows Vista/Windows 7 users you can find your demo here for example;

C:\Users\YourComputer'sName\AppData\Local\Activisi on\CoDWaW\players\demos

You may not be able to see it because it may be in a hidden folder so make sure you enable hidden folders in this area if your having problems finding this directory.

For Windows XP users this directory is located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\your_pc_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW\players\demos

If this folder doesn't exist, just create it.

Please make sure you have properly done this before asking about how to record a demo or where to find your demo. Thanks in advance to all who take the time to submit demos to thadpg.com forums. We greatly appreciate your help in keeping our servers clean of people who hack! :)

Hawken
01-07-2012, 05:12 PM
ok thanks for the info I tried to up load it in private forms and it just didnt want to up load so this one got away this time

Max][mu$
01-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Don't upload it to the private forums :gondu:. Upload it here: http://www.thadpg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=121

;)